Do / did you own A ford Transcontinental?

nice pictures everyone thank you for adding them to my page

ford4428:

Are you based in Norfolk or is it just a coincidence that the telephone numbers on the trucks are from the Attleborough, Wymondham area in Norfolk. The last 2 photo location look familier aswell, but just trying to rack my brains as to where they are, I think one might be Bowes of Watton and the other might be a haulage yard near Attleborough.
Didn’t Carter’s the building contractor run a transconti until a few years back? I remember somebody telling me, they wanted to get some panels for it and they were told to get them from Renault as the panel on a Major were the same.

muckles:

ford4428:
Are you based in Norfolk or is it just a coincidence that the telephone numbers on the trucks are from the Attleborough, Wymondham area in Norfolk. The last 2 photo location look familier aswell, but just trying to rack my brains as to where they are, I think one might be Bowes of Watton and the other might be a haulage yard near Attleborough.
Didn’t Carter’s the building contractor run a transconti until a few years back? I remember somebody telling me, they wanted to get some panels for it and they were told to get them from Renault as the panel on a Major were the same.

No we are not in Norfolk we purchased them from our good friend Bernie Bailey in Caston who ran transcons and we have 2 that used to work out of his yard. Carters concrete had transcon someone I know has one i will post a picture tonight.

Lonewolf Yorks:
My truck, my truck!

I had SUR 57W for a while in the early 90s and what a wagon. I tried for a long time in more recent years to find out what happened to her and eventually discovered was destroyed in a fire in Newcastle.

That must have made a huge improvement :stuck_out_tongue:

2nd photo is at acv/rory holbrooks place in roudham ■■?

That must have made a huge improvement

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry:

Lone wolf for f@@ks sake its by far the best wagon you ever drove :angry: , give us more clues to what contraptions you’ve had before & after the old dog :slight_smile: !

hi it stuart at bakers commercials southampton, your other half had afx off us on the list it seems to be in sandbach, along with the one i drove for mwbaker. a39 grj. i worked for mo, driving for 5 years then workshop foreman for three years. i refurbed a39 afx veu hfb jhw wev clj fdw the 3 road shedsand strattos we had any info on a39 would be good cheers.

Only just seen this thread now stuart james has resurrected it. We ran 5 Transcons from late 77 to Late 80 s, One we had was the ex Bandag truck,still in the same paint OWC818V with the 350 in.,and then 3 New ones an early 1977 red and white SKL 876R and then the last 3 were white with the stripes option CKM 998T and LKR 177W also the last one was LVX ####
Heres some pics of our trucks also some of the bandag before and when we had it. Great thread,We all loved these Transcons when we had them :sunglasses:

All HEV-IT The bandag Pics

MOC:

why has that one got an iveco badge on it ■■ you just would’nt would you… :open_mouth:

hi leslie,
I know u might already gave the same pic but here u got Scotty

Shaun%20Layton%20-%20JCL%20451V%20@%20Truckfest%20Shepton%20010706 (6).jpg

bowser:

MOC:

why has that one got an iveco badge on it ■■ you just would’nt would you… :open_mouth:

Your dead right there bowser,no you wouldnt and im pleased to say it wasnt ours then and had been sold :smiley:

this is one of the ones i had , will try to upload the others ,

Scannen0043.jpg

Hi All
Looking for a Kevin ex TIP from Telford if you are on here give me a call please 07831 712029
Cheers Rich

This was my uncles , not sure what happened to it after it was sold…

I remember when it rained water used to drip from the interior lights on mine … never did get it sorted :frowning: & curtains only covered top bunk :blush: No stopping 270 ■■■■■■■ -used to pull like a train :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

mazz:
I remember when it rained water used to drip from the interior lights on mine … never did get it sorted :frowning: & curtains only covered top bunk :blush: No stopping 270 ■■■■■■■ -used to pull like a train :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That was an easy fix. Remove the 2 plastic air vents above windscreen, make up 2 blanking plates, fit with sealer, re-fit grills…Job done. :sunglasses: Sorry it’s a bit late now… :laughing: