Truck washes in Brum

Anyone know of any good truckwashes in the Brum or surrounding area.

we have an account with Middlewich truckwash, but I never get up that way.

Im sure you can use Wincanton Tankwash at Darlaston. They use to wash our trucks there.

I think they have just built some new bays for livery washing

We’ve got an account with one on Rowley Drive in Coventry in the Ford & Slater yard (right near the airport). Think they can only do tractors and rigid there though (trailers are too big for the bay!)

Calv

Find a "Hand Car Wash " on any main A road in Birmingham.

These washes are usually set up on old petrol stations that have closed down.

Normally, they are run by our Eastern European Friends, and they will be happy to steam clean your truck for an agreed price.

Don’t worry, the canopy of the station has been removed to avoid paying rates on a permanent building.

It’s nice to see free enterprise in the U.K. , It’s a pity the business changes hands so much on a weekly basis :open_mouth:

Cheers,

Niall.

Niall:
Find a "Hand Car Wash " on any main A road in Birmingham.

These washes are usually set up on old petrol stations that have closed down.

Off subject a bit, but there is one on the A630 Balby Road in Doncaster called “Mr ■■■■■■■■”!

Wouldn’t have thought you could get away with a smutty name like that in these days of political correctness!

I would love to watch them wash an empty tilt or curtainsider trailer by hand :open_mouth:

I bet Mr ■■■■■■■■’s hands would be sore after that :cry:

Thanks for the E-mail earlier Andy - and glad you are in touch with Pete.

Good luck with the Atkinson on the run and make sure you take some pics and put them on TruckNet !!

Cheers,

Niall

Niall:
I would love to watch them wash an empty tilt or curtainsider trailer by hand :open_mouth:

Niall

Yeh i can imagine them thinking [zb]!!!.

Probably get removed but have a smile while it lasts.

Yep, it has been…but yep, I did! L. :wink:

so exactly how much is it for a ■■■■■■■■ in doncaster :wink:

killsville:
Off subject a bit, but there is one on the A630 Balby Road in Doncaster called “Mr ■■■■■■■■”!

There used to be one of the same name in Castleford. I assume someone complained as the big signs now just say “Hand Car Wash” but all the clothes the staff are wearing still say it in the back.

Freightliner’s neighbours (can’t remember what they’re called) have got one in Landor Street.

Don’t know if it’s open to passing trade, though.

That’d be Exel Andymac, and as far as I know, you got to have an account with them.

That one on Rowley Drive in Coventry does trailers as well.

brummie:
That one on Rowley Drive in Coventry does trailers as well.

Your’re right Brummie, I remember now taking our 7.5 tonner there once and waiting whilst they finished off a car transporter (now theres a job…) They also do demonstrator dustcarts there, inside and out.

Get a cuppa out of their cabin whilst waiting and a decent bacon or sausage roll from the little snack bar. You’ve just time to finish it, when the trucks been washed.

Calv

Calv, the bloke in that snack bar is a right miserable wotsit! Never seen him smile once!!!