Truck cupboards

anybody ever had truck cabinets fitted by company from holland if so are you pleased with them

we had them fitted in our Scania toplines in my last job, at Bens place in Holland (Soesterberg) and they are absolutley fantastic. Loads more room than the proper Scania Classic lockers, they make so much difference to a motor, we also had the rattly storage box taken out behind the seats and replaced with a fridge (proper fridge, not a coolbox) with 3 draws next to it. Im not at home at moment so cant dig the photos out of them. I would highly reccomend Bens to anybody 100%.

MFI have got a sale on , finishes bank holiday Monday.

thanks for that kindle problem ive got havent got topline just normal 4 series double bunk but im having the cupboards fitted instead of second bunk as im out couple nights per week and the truck is payed for so i would love to have topline but in this climate id better not.im also having 2 space cab dafs done as well.glad to here you rate them so highly i see you drive a daf the 2 480 s ive got are as flat as pancakes apart from having them chipped can you advise me on what we can do to make them pull a bit better .

i suppose thats why they call you suedehead

sammy dog:
thanks for that kindle problem ive got havent got topline just normal 4 series double bunk but im having the cupboards fitted instead of second bunk as im out couple nights per week and the truck is payed for so i would love to have topline but in this climate id better not.im also having 2 space cab dafs done as well.glad to here you rate them so highly i see you drive a daf the 2 480 s ive got are as flat as pancakes apart from having them chipped can you advise me on what we can do to make them pull a bit better .

What year are they ? and are they manuals ?

03 plates and yes manuals

sammy dog:
i suppose thats why they call you suedehead

They, who,why?

perhaps you ve cloth ears

sammy dog:
03 plates and yes manuals

Normal stuff should make a difference, put on a stack, as you say chipping and get the valve clearances set dead on too.

sammy dog:
.im also having 2 space cab dafs done as well

the space cabs have more than enough cupboard space already. in fact ask kindle who spent months away in one.

glad to here you rate them so highly i see you drive a daf the 2 480 s ive got are as flat as pancakes apart from having them chipped can you advise me on what we can do to make them pull a bit better .

have had them tried at somewhere like feathers who test the engines and outputs and uprate them if you want to.

feathers

I drove a topline briefly that had the Ben treatment. Very good workmanship imho. The only thing that got on my nerves was, every time I climbed out of the drivers seat I clouted my skull on the bottom corner of the closest cupboard. Never did sink in that I ought to be careful when executing this manouvre !

Seriously though, if it was my truck and it was “lived” in, they would be top of my shopping list.

thanks for all feed back very helpful thanks again

jessicas dad:

sammy dog:
.im also having 2 space cab dafs done as well

the space cabs have more than enough cupboard space already. in fact ask kindle who spent months away in one.

Rowlocks…
says she who does 2 months away at a time in her 105SSC… i’m seriously considering swapping my upper bunk for cupboards too… need decent storage space that doesn’t occasionally dump things on my nut under heavy braking…

sammy dog:

480 Daf and 420 Scania=same torque :open_mouth: .Some people dont wanna hear this. :open_mouth:
It’s a double edged sword your facing because,a chipped Daf will warp the head thats if hasnt done that already.

im not a fan of chipping trucks i bought them as 480 s the heads have been done on both but theres no go in them.only thing is they allways come home on friday.i dont want to chip them otherwise i would have bought the 530 s my 470 scania will leave them for dust on the hills

sammy dog:
im not a fan of chipping trucks i bought them as 480 s the heads have been done on both but theres no go in them.only thing is they allways come home on friday.i dont want to chip them otherwise i would have bought the 530 s my 470 scania will leave them for dust on the hills

The big XF aint built for speed more comfort i think.

Then again, on the 105s, the 460 daf beats the 480 scania on torque by a touch, and the 500’s have the same…

sammy dog:
my 470 scania will leave them for dust on the hills

Of course :wink: :wink: :wink:

I had a Scania wendy house, solo cab. Had a cabinet made for back wall. No problem at all. If yr gonna ditch top bunk, what about the centre box out of a topline/solo cab?

allikat:
Then again, on the 105s, the 460 daf beats the 480 scania on torque by a touch, and the 500’s have the same…

Thats wrong
460 Daf =2300nm

480 Scania=2400nm

500 Scania=2500nm

510 Daf=2500nm