Trowbridge Transport/Haulage

Has anyone out there any information , photos , history etc of this company who I think where based in the Yorkshire area . I can remember them mainly running AECs painted yellow , and ran trunk services to the Glasgow area many moons ago .

they came to Shotton on occasions bringing firebricks when some of the furnaces were relined , i can remember Leylands as well . thank you Trevor

Remember them at Dodworth Barnsley when i worked at Fearns Tankers

Trowbridge Transport were originally from Sheffield,part of Lodestar Engineering who were AEC agents,one of the best hauliers to work for in Sheffield. They ran an all AEC fleet at one time,MK3s,MK5s,Mammoth Majors and Mandators. They had some Mercury tilt cabs late 60s when I was on nights running back to Sheffield from Abbey Wood changeover they would pass me at least 10 mph faster,and my Mercury did over 65 ont clock. :laughing:
They finished up as Walker-Trowbridge with a yard at Dodworth. Some other lads on here will remember Trowbridge better than me though.

coca cola kid:

Mel it was Walker Trowbridge when they moved to Dodworth when they were in Sheffield as Trowbridge they were all AEC as they were owned by the AEC agents Lodestar I had a few mates who drove for them when they were in Sheffield, one of my mates Brian had a V8 Mandator which was as fast as Concorde. They did a London trunk as well and a lot of new boxes out of Cravens.
cheers Johnnie

sammyopisite:

coca cola kid:

Mel it was Walker Trowbridge when they moved to Dodworth when they were in Sheffield as Trowbridge they were all AEC as they were owned by the AEC agents Lodestar I had a few mates who drove for them when they were in Sheffield, one of my mates Brian had a V8 Mandator which was as fast as Concorde. They did a London trunk as well and a lot of new boxes out of Cravens.
cheers Johnnie

Spot on there Johnnie i forgot about the Walker bit Cheers Mel

Ran ERF’s in later years, B series with stretched wheelbase and pusher axles fitted. Chris.

if you type in walker trowbridge on google then go on images theres seven good photos of there wagons on there.

shugg:
Has anyone out there any information , photos , history etc of this company who I think where based in the Yorkshire area . I can remember them mainly running AECs painted yellow , and ran trunk services to the Glasgow area many moons ago .

I worked as a driver for Trowbridge from 1960 to1962 and was Traffic Manager from 1966 to 1972. If i can help you with any info, please ask.

They would deliver firebricks to Margham steelworks , and several others in south Wales , some of their wagons i seem to remember had General Refractories head boards , regards Keith .