Tree freight london...... bad payer

just wondering if anybody has any dealing with tree freight from london… as i have done work for them in november an am still chasing payment!!!

Looks like they/he operates from a house in Barnet?

Showing at least 3 addresses all in Barnet.

44 Tonne Ton:

Seems like leopards are always spotty :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=i1WniURjgvE

accessmylibrary.com/coms2/su … 791268_ITM

business.highbeam.com/435120/art … bbie-nazis

150,000! :open_mouth:

oh dear. some one has taken a load from geoff lewis. sorry to break the news but kiss it goodbye. you wont get it. he is professional at not paying look how many ccj’s he has and he has done time also for non payment. he sellls jewish books on a ebay shop also. look at his feedback if you want anymore info on mr lewis pm me i have a file thicker than limey phils story book on this man.

44 Tonne Ton:

And one in Hendon, probably so the Met know where he is!

Jeff Lewis

Freight Forwarders

12 Shirehall Lane
Hendon
London
NW4 2PD

You could always send a few people round to break some legs.
You might not get the money but you might feel better

^
I don’t normally agree with this approach but this fella is asking for it.

Topic removed.

Tree Freight and Lewis are so well known … how do people still keep getting caught after
years and years… ?
Why would you work for these people ?
Brooks & Benson… diffrent subject… nothing to do with Tree Frieght !!!

thanks for the responce…i took 2 jobs off tree freight but i was phoned up on more occasions i asked payment terms an was told 30days ha ha … in 5 years ive never had to chace money…

KR79 i have thought of goin down south and takin the £500 out of mr lewis’s face !!! :imp: :imp:

jody1980:
thanks for the responce…i took 2 jobs off tree freight but i was phoned up on more occasions i asked payment terms an was told 30days ha ha … in 5 years ive never had to chace money…

KR79 i have thought of goin down south and takin the £500 out of mr lewis’s face !!! :imp: :imp:

Have you reported him to the fuzz? He does have previous so they might do something! We live in hope… :grimacing:

Hi,

I found this website through google after being stung by “Tree Freight” too. We had a full 40ft load from England back to Ireland for €1600 and we reluctantly accepted payment terms of 30 days after we got the job. This was back in October 2010 and we still haven’t been paid and won’t get paid after finding out this info about this conman!!

Each time we rang up looking for payment there was a girl that answered the phone, she wouldn’t even put the phone on hold, you could hear her in the background talking to someone and then she would come back and say nobody is here at the moment, i can take a message… No one got back to us ever so we would keep chasing ourselves and demand to speak to “Mr Lewis” who apparently dealt with accounts, no first name given… At first we were dealing with a Stephen but that Stephen is the exact same person as Jeff Lewis, same voice. All we got every week from Mr Lewis was the “I’m low on cash at the moment, i will pay it at the end of the week once we get funds in”.

Hope this man “Mr Lewis” gets what he deserves.

Okay, here is how to get the money you are owed. Accept another job from them (YES accept, I’ve not gone potty) load it and before it is delivered you phone them up and tell them you are holding the load as a lien against their debt until paid in full, when payment is received you will deliver as per the deal, don’t accept a cheque!! this is perfectly legal whether they own the goods or not. They may tell you that they will report the load as stolen but it doesn’t matter because you have a legal right to hold the goods as a lien against payment, the good news is that you probably won’t get any more work from them.

This is legal and it works, I brought back 2 pallets of mobile phones from Denmark some years back, Kuehne + Nagel apparently owned the load but it was E**E Logistics Ltd who owed me a substantial amount of money £20k plus and I had the job off them, I did exactly this, after some heated arguments and me refusing to pick a cheque up on Monday the load was tracked and they reported it stolen, the plod were very confused and said it was a civil matter as the goods were not stolen and just being held against a debt, the money was sent by bank transfer within a few hours including payment for the job I had on as well, when I checked with my bank I asked if the payment could be reversed and was told no I then delivered the phones, strangely enough I never heard from them again but others are still awaiting payments from November last year I am informed.

Great advice above and done it myself before more than once…with 100% success rate.
It works… it really does…and what have you got to lose by trying it…?
Dont waste time and money going through the courts… take positive action.
great to see some good advice…Thank you.

Neville:
Great advice above and done it myself before more than once…with 100% success rate.
It works… it really does…and what have you got to lose by trying it…?
Dont waste time and money going through the courts… take positive action.
great to see some good advice…Thank you.

Cheers Neville, there are some sensible people on here then? Apart from me that is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good advice Brados, unfortunately had to do it more than once over the years, it does count on the scumbags having some cash though, not always the case.

One problem I have come across is my ever helpful ex bank (NatWest) saying that a payment was not 100% guaranteed for 3 days, even when sent via ‘immediate’ CHAPS transfer :unamused:

It des indeed need them to have the money but all mine certaiinly have had and they sometimes have it stashed in personal accounts if not company… got to fight firre with fire at times.
Another noe I have used is if a Forwarder is moving goods for a blue chip or PLC company threaten to call them seeking payment instead… and if the do not respond then make that call… ask to spak to the Financial director… start at the top.
It did sort of back fire once years ago when I worked for Lowe (Paddock wood) Ltd in that we had held two loads of Frozen Chips when a dutch copmany failed to pay us… and rather than him lose face in holland he coughed up…!!!
However…He than made a claim against our company in a Dutch court saying we owed him money, and they seized one of our outfits at Venlo Border and had it locked in a compound… !
My boss took the call and he seemed to consider his actions for a minute or two … then he told the dutch… "You have my oldest unit…(ERF TKN 604 R)… my oldest trailer… (Crane Freuhauf) … my oldest driver… (Arthur Collier) … and its empty… !! Keep the whole lot !!!
True story… and after 6 ddays …they let him go free !!!

Neville:
It des indeed need them to have the money but all mine certaiinly have had and they sometimes have it stashed in personal accounts if not company… got to fight firre with fire at times.
Another noe I have used is if a Forwarder is moving goods for a blue chip or PLC company threaten to call them seeking payment instead… and if the do not respond then make that call… ask to spak to the Financial director… start at the top.
It did sort of back fire once years ago when I worked for Lowe (Paddock wood) Ltd in that we had held two loads of Frozen Chips when a dutch copmany failed to pay us… and rather than him lose face in holland he coughed up…!!!
However…He than made a claim against our company in a Dutch court saying we owed him money, and they seized one of our outfits at Venlo Border and had it locked in a compound… !
My boss took the call and he seemed to consider his actions for a minute or two … then he told the dutch… "You have my oldest unit…(ERF TKN 604 R)… my oldest trailer… (Crane Freuhauf) … my oldest driver… (Arthur Collier) … and its empty… !! Keep the whole lot !!!
True story… and after 6 ddays …they let him go free !!!

See it really is a win win situation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If I ever subbed work out I would transfer what I had to pay the subby to a seperate account, that way I could pay prompt, these scumbags spend your money on new Range Rovers and bloody Bentleys in my case before saying they have no money, that’s probably why I am skint now! :cry:

Neville:
if a Forwarder is moving goods for a blue chip or PLC company threaten to call them seeking payment instead

The last one I got caught with was 2 loads to Turkey, after loading the second one and tipping the first the forwarder (based near Dover as it happens) said he could not pay as agreed before delivery of the second load, as he’d spent it - i.e monies from the shipper had filled a hole in his books…

Managed to do a deal with the shipper directly, much to the forwarders apoplexy, and later had his liquidators threatening action to recover the monies from me - yeah right! It meant I at least got paid for one load, couldn’t expect the shipper to cough for both as they only owed the scumbag around 60% of what they paid me, for some tilt loads