Trucking/truck n driver/commercial motor

I,ve never taken or asked for work from one of these trade mags but its a bit tight at the mo to say the least, so with that in mind has anyone any comments/warnings about any of the following companies please?

Maritime
IH Jordan transport
kelkay
dean castle transport
axis
taygroup
pathway distribution ltd
grove freight
swanshaws (seen them below!)
reid atkinson ltd
uki express
coventry reefers ltd
kanolty distribution
border traffic service ltd
barron wood distribution
ma & hv medler haulage ltd
kenton transport
tayside traffic serviceschiltern transport
anglia freight
hedgerow distribution

monarch transport ltd

I,m not talking about if you had to sit outside the warehouse for 2 hours, i’m looking for signs of non/long payments problems etc. or slow payment excuses left right and centre like the computers broken rubbish.
However, if you think one of these companies is fantastic, let me know!!
Or if you know a company looking for a bit of extra traction or haulage in the run up to christmas, pm me! (long shot that like)
Please, no comments about how i should av had me work sorted out etc! I did, but i didn’t take into account the unbelievable lash up our financial wizards could make of the global economy!! (Big round of applause for the city boys!! you muppets) :open_mouth:

Jordans have nothing at the moment and when they do its crap rates, 150 from midlands to Manchester for 27 ton brick wagon.

kelkay only work on return load rates, tays will pay but not fantastic, swanshaws like you to have flat but are quiet at the moment, dean castle do a lot of household fridge collections to the recycling place {good tip used to be 24hrs but you need a waste license} think maritime and the container people are all dead at the minute, i rang someone today who usually has an abundance of work to give away and they are laying suubys off as it gone quiet, pretty depressing all round really and pathway distribution rates where terrible last time i asked , £250 bristol to newcastle :open_mouth:

Got Truck and Driver yesterday and under employment opportunities 1 full page ad and 2 pages of “return loads” ,where’s have they all gone,as someone pointed out on here at times like this,the better ones don’t need to advertise.
regards derek

Second that on Jordans I know somebody on there and cringe at the rates paid in good times.

trucking482002 is right if they advertise regularly its not because they have an abundance of work but an inability to keep their subbies.

I have done some work for BaronWood in the past through another haulier and a lot of what they do is heavy I did ask once about working direct and was told that all rates are only backload rates.

You could try talking to the big boys who may have work available up till christmas … you may be surprised what could be available … but dont bother with boxes as they are dead at the minute.

Good Luck

:sunglasses:

Some of those advertisers and clearing houses have been advertising in those magazines since it was called Headlight :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of the rates are the same too.

8 wheeler loads. must have own skids and happings :wink:

Maritime laid off 70 subbies recently allegedly. Sit outside the port for a day and write down the names on all of the trailers leaving it then ring all of them. Containers are a waste of time even when the going is good. Any food factory’s up there? Like has been said, if they advertise in the mags it’s gonna be crap.

The only one i can comment on is Medlers. Payment is 60 days. In this climate its not something i’d consider.

All of them are crap, simple, if they need to advertise then they can’t be a lot of good.

newmercman:
All of them are crap, simple, if they need to advertise then they can’t be a lot of good.

I,m tending to agree with you newmercman, and this list could be quadrupled in size if i had the time. Not only are they crap, but they are showing their true colours ot the moment.

8 legger:
Jordans have nothing at the moment and when they do its crap rates, 150 from midlands to Manchester for 27 ton brick wagon…and reason for this???some people will do it!not me!

Know what you mean, generally people who have next to no overheads or run bent!
Anyone run for ferrymasters before? Nice or nasty? :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Some of those advertisers and clearing houses have been advertising in those magazines since it was called Headlight :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of the rates are the same too.

8 wheeler loads. must have own skids and happings :wink:

Wheelnut whats “happings”?
regards derek

kanolty distribution used to be good, and he’s a top man to work for as well.
it was mainly fruit and veg, but its funny times at the moment so what he’s doing or paying now i dont know.
i’ve worked for him before and would again if the rate was still ok