Tramping - hours help please

Hi guys and gals, I need a bit of help / advice please as I’m not too sure on the hours regs relating to daily rest. I’ve just started new job tramping and basically we are required to run to maximum limits every day ( not over the limits ). For example if I start duty at 6 am and I’m parked up for 7.30 pm for whatever reason , I can then take 11 hours rest or 9 hours reduced rest . Does this mean if I wanted to I could start next days duty at 4.30 am or do i have to wait until 6am again as if I start at 4.30 I’m still in the 24 hour period from 6am the previous day. hope this makes sense and quick answers would be good as I’m back out in the morning . Thanks muchly :smiley:

jimmyboyyorks:
Hi guys and gals, I need a bit of help / advice please as I’m not too sure on the hours regs relating to daily rest. I’ve just started new job tramping and basically we are required to run to maximum limits every day ( not over the limits ). For example if I start duty at 6 am and I’m parked up for 7.30 pm for whatever reason , I can then take 11 hours rest or 9 hours reduced rest.

You cannot take 11 under those circumstances, there are only 10.5 hours left until the end of your 24 hour period. If you go even one minute longer then 13 hours after you started work,you are on a reduced rest. I doesn’t matter if you actually take 11 hours because it will not all fall within the 24 hour period so will be a reduced rest regardless.

jimmyboyyorks:
Does this mean if I wanted to I could start next days duty at 4.30 am or do i have to wait until 6am again as if I start at 4.30 I’m still in the 24 hour period from 6am the previous day.

You could start at 04:30, you are on a reduced rest anyway so it makes no odds.A new 24 hour period begins when you resume work after a weekly or daily rest. The fact you are starting before the end of the previous 24 hour period has no bearing, you start afresh.

Remember you can only reduce 3 times between weekly rest periods.

thanks for that coffee that clears it up for me. I got mixed up, i realise now i could not take an 11 due to it being a 13.5 hr spreadover, I was more asking about the starting afresh 24 hr after 9 / 11 hours rest , thanks very much.

Coffeeholic:

jimmyboyyorks:
Hi guys and gals, I need a bit of help / advice please as I’m not too sure on the hours regs relating to daily rest. I’ve just started new job tramping and basically we are required to run to maximum limits every day ( not over the limits ). For example if I start duty at 6 am and I’m parked up for 7.30 pm for whatever reason , I can then take 11 hours rest or 9 hours reduced rest.

You cannot take 11 under those circumstances, there are only 10.5 hours left until the end of your 24 hour period. If you go even one minute longer then 13 hours after you started work,you are on a reduced rest. I doesn’t matter if you actually take 11 hours because it will not all fall within the 24 hour period so will be a reduced rest regardless.

jimmyboyyorks:
Does this mean if I wanted to I could start next days duty at 4.30 am or do i have to wait until 6am again as if I start at 4.30 I’m still in the 24 hour period from 6am the previous day.

You could start at 04:30, you are on a reduced rest anyway so it makes no odds.A new 24 hour period begins when you resume work after a weekly or daily rest. The fact you are starting before the end of the previous 24 hour period has no bearing, you start afresh.

Remember you can only reduce 3 times between weekly rest periods.

Do reduced rests still have to be paid back the following week and what is the maximum lenght of time you can be on duty :question: :question:

Reduced daily rests no and the maximum duty time is 15 hours, three times between weekly rest periods. 13 hours on the other days.

Coffeeholic:
Reduced daily rests no and the maximum duty time is 15 hours, three times between weekly rest periods. 13 hours on the other days.

Many Thanks

:smiley:

The only payback you have to do on your hours is your weekly rest, but that can be done easily on your next 45 hour weekly rest with the extra added on.

if the lads tramping whens he gonna be home for 45 hours :exclamation:

Most weekends I would have thought. I tramp and mine are generally around 60, unless I run in Saturday. Always have been. :unamused:

Think I should be OK 4 ON 4 off etc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: