Tramping help

ive never worked for a company thats paid parking,ive almost never used a msa for parking (certainly not in the last 5 or 6 years)and the odd time i have,then ive never paid for the ticket.
id use a layby now and again if the mood takes me.ive never been concerned about someone crashing into me so long as im not the tail end charlie.ive never had fuel nicked,and im happy enough parking somewhere quietish,grubbing up,and having a wizz out the door onto the grass.
if the surroundings are like a landfill site,i just add to it,if not i bag it and sling it elsewhere,or keep it in the cab and sling it out the window on the A75 passing glenluce.
just use a bit of gumption and theres not really any drama.
abroad its a different story and you can basically run almost to your 4.5 then abandon the thing somewhere handy.

Uk parking is a national disgrace , truckstops are full up by 18.00 and are now too small
Junction 29 Chesterfield is an example, you count how many wagons drive in looking to park but can’t as its full up.
It will never happen due to NIMBY and thundering juggernaut haters but the UK could have USA size stops.
650 to a 1000 spaces would be ideal around the Dover area but nimbies stopped one for operation stack .
Facilities such as drive through for trucks for fast food and coffee, why just cars ?
Laundry, games room, gym, on site nurse or doctor to get licence medical done there, kitchen to cook your own meals and a hotel or Bunk hotel which is a Portakabin to get around no rest on 45 hour off .
Car or bicycle hire for 24 or 45 off, a beaten up Micra would suffice.

Why need worry if somebody cut curtainside or theft diesel.It is not drivers responsibility to secure load at night.More problem can be if company pay parking but drivers for some reason stop in lay by and at night somebody theft something.Company can start blame why you stop at lay by but not services.

So, with the £300 fines for parking in areas without facilities, i am sure your boss is going to change his mind pretty soon…until he starts to receive the fines, and a clamp until its paid…park in known theft hotspots, a few gallons of diesel and part of the load missing may make him hurry up.

If you have an Android phone download an app called Map Marker. Keep your eyes open when you travel about the country and look for possible spots to lay up. You then just click a button and mark it on a map. Then eventually you will build up possibilities that you can head for.

Works for me ( although now on days)

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

truckyboy:
So, with the £300 fines for parking in areas without facilities, i am sure your boss is going to change his mind pretty soon…until he starts to receive the fines, and a clamp until its paid…park in known theft hotspots, a few gallons of diesel and part of the load missing may make him hurry up.

I think the £300 fine are for those weekending, not for over night parking…

You could try getting a site directory from and IDS fueling point It’s operated by Q8. Very well known and popular in UK and Europe. Gives info like cafe/restaurant showers parking tel fax and host of other stuff. Nextime you see IDS sign, pull in and ask for site directory.

Junction 29a at Chesterfield is tiny BUT has oodles of ground next to it thats for sale and well away from any houses. Also Markham vale industrial estate wants to expand so it would be a great place for a proper truck stop? Shall we all chip in?

Ed

edwin catflap:
Junction 29a at Chesterfield is tiny BUT has oodles of ground next to it thats for sale and well away from any houses. Also Markham vale industrial estate wants to expand so it would be a great place for a proper truck stop? Shall we all chip in?

Ed

Let me think about that one

NO. :neutral_face:

truckyboy:

That’s only for full weekly rests.

lolipop:
No payment for parking,don`t even think about working for them,parking is more than likely not the only thing they skimp on.

Not necessarily, small family company with 10 lorries, average 3 nights out each and paying £25 to £30 to park, let’s say £800 per week, that’s your next new truck and a Turkey at Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

lolipop:
No payment for parking,don`t even think about working for them,parking is more than likely not the only thing they skimp on.

Not necessarily, small family company with 10 lorries, average 3 nights out each and paying £25 to £30 to park, let’s say £800 per week, that’s your next new truck and a Turkey at Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

■■■■ the next new truck, he should be thinking of his driver’s welfare and safety.
I’ll buy my own turkey.