Tramping 5 days pw

just wondering if any of the lads are selling there tramping gear like 300 inverter, fridge or info on cool boxes cos halfords got a sale on 40ltr for 80 quid i think, am starting night tramping so will need the essentials, also can u use a smartphone to gain internet on your laptop

dustylfc:
just wondering if any of the lads are selling there tramping gear like 300 inverter, fridge or info on cool boxes cos halfords got a sale on 40ltr for 80 quid i think, am starting night tramping so will need the essentials, also can u use a smartphone to gain internet on your laptop

Yes you can use your smartphone as a modem for internet for your laptop. I have a 300w/24V invertor and a cool box , coolbox is onky 240v or 12v though. Also CB with a Stardust Mick sticker on it !!! :laughing: (only kiddin about the sticker!!). Are you in Liverpool?

Mike-C:

dustylfc:

Yes you can use your smartphone as a modem for internet for your laptop. I have a 300w/24V invertor and a cool box , coolbox is onky 240v or 12v though. Also CB with a Stardust Mick sticker on it !!! :laughing: (only kiddin about the sticker!!). Are you in Liverpool?

just over the water on the posh side, live 10 mins from docks, so your handle was stardust rubber ducky, yer i was thinking of 300 watt just plug it in lighter socket, ill probably just run laptop, head shavers etc … good news about the smartphone i have free internet so no need for a dongle,

Double check before you even think of using a smartphone plugged into laptop. It’s called tethering and afaik you will be charged even if you have free Internet on your phone. I’ve got an iPhone that can Internet tether but I get charged for it.

daleyboy:
Double check before you even think of using a smartphone plugged into laptop. It’s called tethering and afaik you will be charged even if you have free Internet on your phone. I’ve got an iPhone that can Internet tether but I get charged for it.

cheers for the advice is that just with smartphone cos am due an upgrade, if so ill just get a phone no point in having free internet if i carnt use it, or probably best asking 02 when i upgrade

dustylfc:
can u use a smartphone to gain internet on your laptop

just search for “tethering” for how to connect your particular model of phone.
Also check with your network provider on the cost of tethering, I know O2 charge £1.70 per day to tether my Iphone to laptop. BUT i can still browse the web on the phone for free (ish), as part of my contract so it might not be worthwile tethering

Inverters check out tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/ … index.html

peirre:

dustylfc:
can u use a smartphone to gain internet on your laptop

just search for “tethering” for how to connect your particular model of phone.
Also check with your network provider on the cost of tethering, I know O2 charge £1.70 per day to tether my Iphone to laptop. BUT i can still browse the web on the phone for free (ish), as part of my contract so it might not be worthwile tethering

Inverters check out tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/ … index.html

Tut, tut, Pierre! Dropping your h’s like some common or garden cockney! WORTHWHILE old chap! No need to thank me… :smiley:

Better off getting the 3 deal on internet - dongle + 12gig of data which lasts 12 months for £79.99
cheers
Steve

also dont forget about roaming charges too, even though they have brought in the new law with the price limit set to something like £40
i dont know if you can set your own limit, once youve reached it (which you will if your abroad, evenin in the EU)

gm:
Better off getting the 3 deal on internet - dongle + 12gig of data which lasts 12 months for £79.99
cheers
Steve

Whos is that with?

Ader1:

gm:
cheers
Steve

Whos is that with?

with 3 google it

With 3 you can get 15GB for £15/month-24 month contract though.

threestore.three.co.uk/plandetai … iffid=1238

i have a 3 dongle on pay as go, good reception virtually anywhere, the down side, if you watch telly through the net on something like bbci, it eats your data like lightning, 2-3 hours costs a tenner!

44 Tonne Ton:
Tut, tut, Pierre! Dropping your h’s like some common or garden cockney! WORTHWHILE old chap! No need to thank me… :smiley:

Quick call the spelling police … someones nicked a “H” :laughing: :laughing: