Training

There’s been a lot said on here (good advice) about the so called “National” training schools which appear to be me little more than marketing organisations. I’ve decided to stay clear of them, despite the offer I received in the post this morning from one of them which I thought I’d share…

Theory test training, LGV Rigid course, CPC home study, LGV artic course and artic unlimited guranteed pass (free retest training) All for £1,049!

I fail to see how there is any profit in this for the company, given that you have to pay the instructor, fuel the truck for a couple of weeks driving and pay for the truck in the first place :question:

Sounds like a duck :exclamation:

MAT:
There’s been a lot said on here (good advice) about the so called “National” training schools which appear to be me little more than marketing organisations. I’ve decided to stay clear of them, despite the offer I received in the post this morning from one of them which I thought I’d share…

Theory test training, LGV Rigid course, CPC home study, LGV artic course and artic unlimited guranteed pass (free retest training) All for £1,049!

I fail to see how there is any profit in this for the company, given that you have to pay the instructor, fuel the truck for a couple of weeks driving and pay for the truck in the first place :question:

Sounds like a duck :exclamation:

QUACK QUACK QUACK

:smiley: Hi MAT, WELCOME. :grimacing:

From reading this and your other post, I’d say you’ve done the right thing in ignoring an offer that appears to be too good to be true, because it probably is. :wink:

Due to site rules, we have to be very careful what we write about this type of offer, but I’d agree that the quoted price seems rather low for what’s on offer.

I’m glad you’ve taken the opportunity to browse the info on here and do some of your own research first, because the forum also contains the experiences of those who didn’t… :wink:

Beware!! The warning bells are ringing loud and clear!!
I have just worked it out that if we offered this price then we would be bankrupt within the month.
It does say Theory test TRAINING - so it looks like they give you an hour or so in the classroom going through the book.
It does not say they pay the Theory Test fee or thast the books are free.
Also I see no mention of how long the courses are. Sounds like very few hours to me considering the cost of diesel.
Unlimited retests. that - I am pretty sure - would be you paying for the test fee and also and ‘admin’ charge for the possible one hour prior to test and use of vehicle during test.
Be interesting to find out exactly what the crack is here.

Sounds like Sterlings ‘King of the Road’. It’s a very good deal if you can comply with their small print, and can cope with an ‘A’ Level course (Operator CPC) - but many on here have fallen for it, only to find the impossibility of it. I’ve just had a trainee who did his Cat C with them, realised the problems he then faced and come to us for his C+E which he passed on Tuesday.

I seen that offer when I was about to start learning but found this site and read the comments about the company and thought, no chance I aint going with them. So I phoned around and managed to get my c and c+e both for £810 each.