Training in or around the Stoke On Trent area

Ay up lads, I was hoping some one can advise me of any good reputable HGV training companies in or around the Potteries area (stoke on trent, newcastle under lyme). I was considering going with one of these ‘brokers’ who seem to promise the world and as we all know if some thing sounds to good to be true then it most probably is. I have been advised by a few people to stay well away from the brokers and have seen this echoed a number of times on this forum so I am going to take your advise and go for an independant company. Can any one recommend any in my local area, I’ve done a google search for local companies and am stuck for choice as they all obviously have a good sales pitch, does any one have any first hand experince with any of these companies or know of any that you would be happy to recommed.

Thanks in advance

Members recommendations for LGV training schools

Definitely go direct to the Training School and avoid the brokers with a wide berth.

Check this link

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

It has all the training schools that TNUK members have had good experiences from.

Go along to their site. Check out their vehicles and trainer(s).

Meet with the trainers and get a feel for the establishment.

Take an assessment drive. It makes all the difference as you get to see how you get on with the trainers as much as they get to see how much training they think you need.

Good luck and keep us up to date

Dean

Could not agree any more with previous post. Go direct and visit the training company first. You were wise to come to a place like this. Lots of good sound advice.

Some other good advice…

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/advice.php

hgvlgvtraining

SCSI:
Ay up lads,

Thanks in advance

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Female or was last time I looked as are quite a few others on here

Agree with the above go visit them all if needs be to see which 1 you like best ask what you get for the money they are asking ie how many driving hours does that include does it include VAT drivers cpc ( or initial cpc )

We have a steady flow of candidates from the Potteries. Just thought I’d mention it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the replys lads…and females :wink:

I did find them links useful, I’ll get on to it and keep you posted with the outcome and my experiences. Once again thanks for taking the time out to reply, much appreciated