Training advice wanted - bath / bristol

Hi, couple of questions really … just started looking for training providers to get my class 2, has anyone got any recomendations (or warnings) for companies in the southwest??
Also my aim is to start driving alongside my current carreer ie working part time / temp agency etc. I’ve been told this is feasable by some companies I’ve aproached but can anyone let me know the reality? Is there as much work as they say there is?
Thank you for your time, Jim

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome jimjimmer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

jimjimmer:
started looking for training providers to get my class 2, has anyone got any recomendations

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

jimjimmer:
my aim is to start driving alongside my current carreer ie working part time / temp agency etc

There are certain rules to follow when doing more than one job and one of those jobs comes under the EU driver regs
If, during the WEEK (Sunday midnight to Sunday midnight), you drive under EU regs then all the other work in that week must be recorded on an analogue card (seperate one for each day) or on seperate digi printouts or inputted onto a digi card.
Each record of that worked day must have your name, date, start & finish time on it
This is so that the authorities can check that the correct RESTS are taken

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful.

First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours