Tracking Systems

Hi everyone

I am looking around for a CHEAP :laughing: and easy to understand tracking system for an 18 tonne MAN truck. I don’t understand how the systems work :blush: - does the vehicle location go straight to your computer, or does it appear on a login website or what?

What is the cheapest, most reliable and general all rounder system avalible. Obviously - as with most things - there are probably extremely cheap options avaliable, but not much good if it breaks down after a fortnight - so what is the universally accepted “best” system?

Any response, past experience with systems or links/contacts would be appreciated

Many Thanks :smiley:

ask at tom tom , tracker, sat nav and also able to send text messages, plus lorry nav system,

Hi i have bought 2 units from a chinese company, i have fitted 1 to my digger and 1 to truck, due to attempted theft and break into truck, nicked all power tools and more (not insured for tools) it works with gps gsm, various alams, inc engine cut off, vibrate detect, sends msg to mobile, if truck moves, can track on gooogle earth, must have plenty of credit on the sim card in unit, once done i top up from internet so havnt got to mess with unit…cost around £200.00 per unit. bought through ebay.

Captain

We have a tracker fitted to out truck, Insurance requirment.
Basically if the truck is stolen you phone them up and they track it and alert the Police. apparently it will also send send a warning to control if the truck is not moving under it’s own power, but I think they must know were it is in the control room as we’ve never had a problem with ferry travel.

Try this

navmanwireless.co.uk/

Good little system !

or this

max.tv/Spy-Security/Personal … acker.aspx

There’s a few ways to do this one cheep way is to buy a PDA and run something like locateA all these systems use an Internet connection so the total cost would be about 70 quid for say an o2 orbit or similar and get a data sim card the use if locateA is free

Another way is to use somthing like copilot live satnav this has tracking built in to it there is a comercial version for trucks but I dont know of it’s being released yet on general sale this also would be based in a mobile phone or PDA

I would discount the tomtom work version due to cost it ain’t cheep

It all depends on what you want the tracking facility for also don’t forget to tell the drivers they are being monitored

here’s the link for locateA.
locatea.net/

This one is worth a look “http://directions.ltd.uk/vehicle-tracking/vehicle-tracking-vtu009

Ring George at AGM Telematics
They cater for small companies
Fantastic System Worth Every Penny

George Weston

AGM Telematics Limited
4 Brunswick Gardens
Corby
Northamptonshire
NN18 9ER
Tel: 01536 401900
E-Mail: george@agmtelematics.com
Web: www.agmtelematics.com

Have a look here, relaiable, mileage tracking etc, GPS data translated to the nearest address.
roadangelfleet.com/