Trackers

I’m looking to fit trackers to my trucks. Not looking for anything too flash, I just need to know where they currently are and how they got there.

Can anyone recommend anybody, otherwise it’s a game of google roulette? Or have you used a system you wouldn’t touch with a barge pole? Your thoughts please…

Do you provide company phones? May be cheaper to track phone.

bazstan009:
Do you provide company phones? May be cheaper to track phone.

We’ve been using mobile phone tracking for about 10 years but the company we use for the phones has stopped providing the tracking service. I’ve looked into using other companies for phone tracking but it works out nearly as expensive as a full GPS tracking system which is a lot more accurate. Hence the reason I’m looking at gps trackers.

were abouts are you ■■

globby 480:
were abouts are you ■■

If he knew that he wouldnt be needin trackers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(memo: must find tin hat.)

globby 480:
were abouts are you ■■

Manchester

We use Navman, no complaints from us. Reasonable charges and you choose to use (or not) as many of the functions it offers.

We use Quartix, very Ronseal, nothing exciting. If you have digicard trucks then look at fleetboard.

We use Tom Tom webfleet!

Cracking bit of kit!!

Alzy:
We use Tom Tom webfleet!

Cracking bit of kit!!

Seen a few of these units on a customer’s fleet recently…very impressive and very reasonable aswell. It alerts the owner via his smartphone, if the contents of the diesel are being rapidly depleted

I was told by the Engineers that fitted the equipment to our fleet that anything with an electical current can be monitored! Ie it can let you know when a bulb is blown all way through to tanks being depleted faster than normal.

The interface is also a cracking piece of kit and you can intergrate all delivery points and information into it!

i have trackers in my trucks, i doubted them at first told the guy i didnt need them as i always new where my trucks were
so he talked me into trying one so i did
how wrong was i, it was great saves numerous phone calls great for proving waiting time etc etc
the system we have is very cheap easy to fit and move from vehicles, from a small family firm no contract bull***T or anything like that
if anyone needs any info on these excellent units please send me a pm
cheers
mike.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Got meetings with road angel and tomtom this week, see what prices they come up with.

MIKE P:
i have trackers in my trucks, i doubted them at first told the guy i didnt need them as i always new where my trucks were
how wrong was i, it was great saves numerous phone calls great for proving waiting time etc etc
the system we have is very cheap easy to fit and move from vehicles, from a small family firm no contract bull***T or anything like that
cheers
mike.

would this system be any use to a private motorist for his car,in case of theft for example?.insurance companies often ask is it equiped with a tracker when provding quotes.

it might be a bit too advanced for that but yes he can do anything for any vehicle trailer plant etc etc

syramax:

MIKE P:
cheers
mike.

would this system be any use to a private motorist for his car,in case of theft for example?.insurance companies often ask is it equiped with a tracker when provding quotes.