Towing trailers behind 7.5t &17t

was having a chat with one of the blokes i used to work with the other day and i asked when he passed his class 1 as a regular part of the job is towing trailers . haven’t he replied
the trailers are approx 2.5 t on for wheels with overrun brakes ( like a caravan)
i don’t want an old friend serving time as he’s to pretty for jail and would like some solid facts to scare him with the next time i talk to him
the drivers on the 17 t hold class 2 and the rest hold ordinary car licence’s

:open_mouth: Well firstly you would need to qualify if your pretty :open_mouth: friend has a Class 2 or a Cat C because i seem to remember that an old class 2 was OK for Wag and Drag. :smiley:
Also depends when the 7.5 ton guys passed there tests as well to define the legality.If they hold 7.5 ton entitlement I think they can tow as long as total MAM is less than 8.25 tons. :blush: :blush:

I could be talking complete tosh so I’ll duck out and make way for DieselDave and Coffeeholic to correct things :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

montana man:
I could be talking complete tosh so I’ll duck out and make way for DieselDave and Coffeeholic to correct things :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not me, too much of a minefield and too many variables to get into it at this time of the day.

dsa.gov.uk/search/search.asp … g+trailers
Is this it :question:

There you go, ROG is alert enough to provide the answer at this time of day. :smiley: