im i right

hi guys need your help and advice please i work for a civils engernering company i drive a 17 tonner grab wagon i have my class one so no problem pulling trailers however we have a lot of 7 half tonners witch most people drive on car liecnce but a lot seem to think that they can tow a trailer over 750kg the ones with the mini diggers on i wood say total weight is 4 ton so wen hooket up to the 7 half tonner total weight 12 ton can they do this on a normal car liecence i no i can as i have a class 1 thanks guys

shaunebabe:
hi guys need your help and advice please i work for a civils engernering company i drive a 17 tonner grab wagon i have my class one so no problem pulling trailers however we have a lot of 7 half tonners witch most people drive on car liecnce but a lot seem to think that they can tow a trailer over 750kg the ones with the mini diggers on i wood say total weight is 4 ton so wen hooket up to the 7 half tonner total weight 12 ton can they do this on a normal car liecence i no i can as i have a class 1 thanks guys

I think I understand what you are asking. This tells you what you need to know: direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … G_10013074

7.5 ton wagon…usually gross train weight 11ton. so no to pulling 4 ton… even if you have class 1.
also if the other drivers can legally drive 7.5 then only unbraked upto 750kg trailer ie compressor or roller.
but some 7.5 ton wagons might be plated at different weights like 6 ton.
i have been in this same situation and basically the man in charge didnt have a clue we just got in em and drove.i got pulled and certain things came to light but nothing much changed.

shaunebabe:
can they do this on a normal car liecence

NO,

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022564

shaunebabe:
im i right

shaunebabe:
…i have my class one…

No, you’re not right, you don’t have a class one. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

shaunebabe:
im i right

shaunebabe:
…i have my class one…

No, you’re not right, you don’t have a class one. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

quality as usual Neil :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: