Tower crane driver tried to steal my hiab!

Delivered a full load of tonne bags of shingle to a site today and they took them off with the tower crane, I’d tucked my hiab out the way with the grab on the ground behind the lorry.

Got a few of them off before the crane driver radios the banksman to ask if I can come back a bit further (even though the banksman had told me where to stop before we started).

So I put my hiab back on the lorry bed and jumped in to move it, cos it was a bit tight between parked vans and on a slight bend, I had to shunt forward before I could get back…as I drive forward my overheight alarm goes off and I look round to see my hiab up in the air, then back down again with a mighty bang!

In between me parking the crane on the bed again and getting in the cab these clowns had decided to drop the chains in ready to unload the next bag, because they thought I was just going to drop back a bit and didn’t think I’d drive forwards! Chains got caught up and pulled the boom in the air as I moved.

Doesn’t seem to have done any damage, but the engineer from Atlas is going to pop in and have a look tomorrow anyway.

Scared the ■■■■ out of me at the time! :open_mouth:

LOL

I once forgot to take the twistlocks off my container trailer, I think it was at Felixstowe…looked round to see the whole lot a few feet off the ground! :blush:

Fortunately, the crane driver realised and put my wagon back down for me. No damage thank ■■■■!

I once forgot to take the twistlocks off my container trailer, I think it was at Felixstowe…looked round to see the whole lot a few feet off the ground!

pmsl :laughing: bet you had full pants that day

The Mighty Trucker:
LOL

I once forgot to take the twistlocks off my container trailer, I think it was at Felixstowe…looked round to see the whole lot a few feet off the ground! :blush:

Fortunately, the crane driver realised and put my wagon back down for me. No damage thank [zb]!

I saw that happen at Teesport, it was kinda cool lol, the truck looked like a toy truck being lift up off the ground a few feet.

lack of communication pal and your to blame as you never told the banksman to hold fire till you were ready. you tell them once you tell them twice . as its your wagon that gets damaged .you jump out and make sure the jibs going the right way :question: you tell the slinger STOP . dont do anything till im out the cab :bulb: as most of the slingers are younger than me and smoke the funny baccy its my lorry/load i decide how it goes

pedster:

I once forgot to take the twistlocks off my container trailer, I think it was at Felixstowe…looked round to see the whole lot a few feet off the ground!

pmsl :laughing: bet you had full pants that day

I put it down to part of my “learning curve”! :laughing:

The Mighty Trucker:

Certainly an ‘uplifting’ experience :unamused: but it is taking the checking out of your vehicle a bit too far - most of us just don’t seem to go that extra mile as you did and check the underside :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scania245:
lack of communication pal and your to blame as you never told the banksman to hold fire till you were ready. you tell them once you tell them twice . as its your wagon that gets damaged .you jump out and make sure the jibs going the right way :question: you tell the slinger STOP . dont do anything till im out the cab :bulb: as most of the slingers are younger than me and smoke the funny baccy its my lorry/load i decide how it goes

You must have been there!

You should have introduced yourself.

:unamused: