TomTom HD Traffic Live

Anyone used the TomTom HD Traffic Live thing. I understand it gives you details of traffic jams, delays etc, and is updated constantly while you’re on the move.
Anyone used it? Worth the extra dosh?

Got a TomTom already (720T) but was wondering if worth updating to one.
Cheers for any advice.

yes it is quite good, sometimes it doesnt tell you about the traffic until you are in it but others it warns you about it a few miles before so you can re route around the problem, i have never had the chance to test the re routing out yet as it works a different route out and tells you the time it will take to do and so far the difference has only been a few minutes here and there.

Well worth chucking a couple of spare pennys at have found it is pretty good got mine free with my tom tom

It works on the traffic speed sensers (blue/green cameras) but if you loose the rds signal that it works on you are sometimes on the traffic before it gets a chance too warn you :unamused:

I’ve just treat myself to a 940 live :smiley: :smiley:

The HD live traffic is better than just the old RDS type traffic info (TT x40 uses both). However, rerouting is a bit of a hit and miss as you would have to check the route it has chosen for low bridges etc etc, as you would for any sat nav.
The live traffic can be a little inaccurate with its times (ie 2 minute delay, when in fact 30 mins), but that will get better the longer the system is running. It is just a bit better than Sally Traffic and its at work all day :slight_smile: .

The safety camera database is crap atm, its supposed to be Road Angel thats managing/administering it, but its nothing like their database on their own products :open_mouth: :imp: .

What is fantastic is the google search, brilliant if you don’t have a proper delivery address/contact number.

Cheapest fuel search is quite good and fairly accurate, for car drivers anyhow.

Weather service is hit and miss with its accuracy.

I’m not so sure of the price of these services though (£7.99 p/m) however I dare say they are cheaper than wireless data charges through my phone. Oh and you can’t use these services abroad (yet) summat to do with ripoff mobile phone companies and roaming charges.

What I really like is the MP3 (not sure if available on 540/740) player and being able to FM Dire Straits to the cab radio :smiley: :blush: .

Latest map guarantee and map update service are quite good, £39.40 for 12 months of updates, cheaper than just 1 stand alone map (western & central europe).

Overall I’m impressed with it, couple of bugs in the software initially but it gets a 9/10 from me.

ps it doesn’t come with a protective case :cry: (£19.99 @ halfrauds), a Nintendo DS case does the job nicely (around 7-8 quid) just hope my son Josh doesn’t notice his is missing :wink:

thesatnavwarehouse.com/produ … index.html

satnavexpress.com/satnav/sno … MAodFUb6Zg

Bit pricey mind but takes your height and weight in to consideration and has live traffic jam info.