TOMMY KEOGH'S

I worked for Tommy 1968. I was 17 and lived on Hawthorn St. I still have a photo of an over sized load, I think in Essex. That is at some kind of plant or maybe refinery. With police ■■■■■■ every where we went. In fact we couldn’t move without them. It had a steerable dolly on the back, I was hired in the midst of the cutting down of a truck to use chassis as the dolly. Great memories.

Anyone recall Tommy Keogh’s heavy haulage from Wilmslow Cheshire,small outfit used to take steel roof sections from Redpath Dorman Longs in Trafford Park Manchester in the late 70’s?

Take a look in some of Bob Tuck’s Heavy Haulage books, quite a few shots of their old stuff in there. Foden restorer John Sanderson has one of their old S20 tractors on the show circuit, with a Foden 12-cylinder 2-stroke Marine engine mounted on the back.

Not sure, but I think Chris Bennett bought the buisness, then moved to Cheadle heath, mid to late seventies

Hi Snify,

Thanks for that,Chris and I were 2nd men with Keogh’s, Chris was on the push unit with a guy called Danny steering,I was with George pulling in a Foden

Great days!

Stay lucky,

Rgds,

David