tobacco

no golden virgina in lux no more there not aloud to sell it :cry:

the coffee shop by the IDS at watou on the old border is fairly cheap still charging 4.50 euro for 50 grm pouch :laughing:

englishtruckerinspain:
no golden virgina in lux no more there not aloud to sell it :cry:

they are allowed to sell it. if they can get it.
it’s the UK government that has reduced supplies to Luxembourg and Belgium.

limeyphil:
pay on your debit card or in euros in luxembourg.
in spain don’t buy at the services or anywhere near the motorways, get into the towns and villages for the locals price, it’s a huge difference.

you can only buy tobacco and cigarettes in licenced tabacs or from a machine, no longer can you buy from a garage or services

welshboyinspain:

limeyphil:
in spain don’t buy at the services or anywhere near the motorways, get into the towns and villages for the locals price, it’s a huge difference.

you can only buy tobacco and cigarettes in licenced tabacs or from a machine, no longer can you buy from a garage or services

I remember being in Brindisi about 25 years ago and had a couple of days before I could get a ferry, a few of us explored the loal bars and ice cream parlours to kill time,and I needed some cigarettes, what a bloody job! Eventually I sent a young Italian off on his scooter and he brought me a couple of packets back. They said then it was difficult to buy cigs

Wheel Nut:

welshboyinspain:

limeyphil:

I remember being in Brindisi about 25 years ago and had a couple of days before I could get a ferry, a few of us explored the loal bars and ice cream parlours to kill time,and I needed some cigarettes, what a bloody job! Eventually I sent a young Italian off on his scooter and he brought me a couple of packets back. They said then it was difficult to buy cigs

showing your age here wheelnut

gogzy:

Wheel Nut:

welshboyinspain:

limeyphil:

showing your age here wheelnut

Nah. I started young :laughing:

■■■■ were about 15 bob a box, about the same as a pint of foaming bitter :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I have regularly used the N4 into Martelange, you nip into Lux and back out into Belgium, 5 minutes done, cheap squirt and a few ■■■■. A couple of decent routiers too with large parking area

Always willing to learn!
Where do you actually cross border into LUX AND back.
Where are routiers on the N4 as I would like to update my Truckstops/Routiers map (1450 and counting)

Cheers!

ossie:

Wheel Nut:
I have regularly used the N4 into Martelange, you nip into Lux and back out into Belgium, 5 minutes done, cheap squirt and a few ■■■■. A couple of decent routiers too with large parking area

Always willing to learn!
Where do you actually cross border into Swiss AND back.
Where are routiers on the N4 as I would like to update my Truckstops/Routiers map (1450 and counting)

Cheers!

the N4 goes to LUX not CH :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

welshboyinspain:

ossie:

Wheel Nut:

Always willing to learn!
Where do you actually cross border into Swiss AND back.

Cheers!

the N4 goes to LUX not CH :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooer stupid me I meant LUX :blush: :blush: :blush:
Edited post above to save any more embarrassment LOL

ossie:

Wheel Nut:

Always willing to learn!

Cheers!

Have a look at Martelange, there are a couple of large parking areas, just down from the LUKOil station

I will be going to Adinkerke on Friday night in the car, normally go in the day. Do the local plod pull day trippers and check the headlights etc? I know your supposed to carry log book, insurance, high viz(dont know how many though-3 of us going), what else is there? Do you need warning triangle and first aid kit? Is it the same kit for cars as well as hgv’s?

All help appreciated.

Fileep:
I will be going to Adinkerke on Friday night in the car, normally go in the day. Do the local plod pull day trippers and check the headlights etc? I know your supposed to carry log book, insurance, high viz(dont know how many though-3 of us going), what else is there? Do you need warning triangle and first aid kit? Is it the same kit for cars as well as hgv’s?

All help appreciated.

You most definitely need a CE approved hi-viz which must be accessible from within the car, at least one for the driver, but knowing the French it would be wise to have 3 in the car which must be worn before you get out of the vehicle in case of breakdown.

You need 1 warning triangle, (2 for Spain) Bulbs are advisable but not mandatory. Headlight convertors are not needed, but make sure you have a GB badge or EU number plates. First aid kit is necessary and a fire extinguisher is advisable. (it is an offence to drive past a vehicle on fire without offering assistance)

Driving Licence, 3 Passports, V5, ferry tickets and spare spectacles if you wear them

Fileep:
I will be going to Adinkerke on Friday night in the car, normally go in the day.

Not sure if you are aware but none of the shops in Adinkerke are open 24 hours any more. They close between 18:00 and 22:00 and start reopening from 06:00 local time. Crossroads on the N8 is 24 hours.

I found this site and rang them yesterday, they confirmed they are open 24/7 Sun 20.00-Sat 16.00. So just going on their say so.

realtobacco.be/warehouse/us/

Is the crossroads one easy to find?

Edit: Always listen to those who know better. Well spotted Coffeholic, you saved me a run round belgium. The site automatically directs you to the one on the N8 I just thought it was one shop at Adinkerke. Thanks again :blush: :blush:

Fileep:
Is the crossroads one easy to find?

Easier to find than a wee-wee smell on a lorry park.

Come off the motorway at j1 for Veurne( it’s the one after Adinkerke).
To the island at the bottom of the junction turn right.
Keep going for about 4 minutes.
Its on your right by the second set of lights just after petrol station.

Thanks for the directions. All I have to worry about now is the Friday night trafic at Dartford.

Wheel Nut:

welshboyinspain:

limeyphil:

youtube.com/watch?v=DX0aOgfy … yer_popout

ossie:

Wheel Nut:

Always willing to learn!

Cheers!

This was a “Where was I” from roders from a while ago.

The road is in Belgium. The petrol station is in Lux. The border runs along the right hand side of the road.

This is the first of a load of petrol stations next to the N4 in Martelange when coming from Arlon.
It is the most accessible for trucks and has a large shop with parking possible in a lay-by just off the site.
Not sure about scran, been a while since I was there but they were redeveloping the place.