tobacco

help needed,wheres the cheapest place to buy bacci in northern europe?

Luxembourg

Yep, Luxembourg then Belgium but there is no “best place” to buy it in those countries because it has by Law to be sold at the sticker price.

brecham services has a bloody good selction though if you ever are in thier, try make it as early as possible though otherwise your gonna have fun trying to park/fuels ■■■■ cheap to.

i got 140g of lucky strike baccy, in a tub with 200 filtered ■■■■ (to put the baccy in) for £8

between 4 of us that tub lasted 3 and a half weeks

now consider a 25g bag of golden virginia is about £11 quid aint it? its pretty ■■■■ cheap.

its on the E25/A6 heading for Belgium

gogzy:
brechamservices has a bloody good selction though if you ever are in thier, try make it as early as possible though otherwise your gonna have fun trying to park/fuels ■■■■ cheap to.

i got 140g of lucky strike baccy, in a tub with 200 filtered ■■■■ (to put the baccy in) for £8

between 4 of us that tub lasted 3 and a half weeks

now consider a 25g bag of golden virginia is about £11 quid aint it? its pretty ■■■■ cheap.

its on the E25/A6 heading for Belgium

Berchem :wink:

Harry Monk:
Yep, Luxembourg then Belgium but there is no “best place” to buy it in those countries because it has by Law to be sold at the sticker price.

Harry has it, the price is on the packet, that’s the price you pay

Bring back the duty free for all.
In my present job I pay about £35.00 for 1000 L&M and £44.00 for 12 litre of High Commissoner scotch. Golden virginia is £17.30 for 250gm, Drum is about £13.20. Thats the only reason I look forward to going back to work after my leave is over cos my wife an I both smoke and UK rip off prices are now costing me £15 a day.
But if I was a MEP I could still claim more than enough goods at duty free prices to smoke and drink mesen to death in a fortnight.
All prices are approximate to a few pence due to fluctuation in exchange rate.

becarful if paying in sterling because i have been charghed 3 different prices over the last 2 weeks the price on the packet is in euros

RoE are constantly updated and displayed on my laptop screen. At the mo its saying €1 is worth £0.83.4p, dont know if thats wot you would get when buying ciggies though

realtobacco.be/warehouse/products/tobacco/

thanks every1 is it better to pay in euros or stirling■■?

Euros probably

junk yard dog:

Not bought any for a long time, however it was always better to pay in sterling as the exchange rate offered by the shop worked in your favour.

How do you get to “Route 66”,heard you get nicked for driving to it,and owners refund the fine.It is in Lux near Capellon area■■?

junk yard dog:

Use your debit card to draw some euros and buy them from where the locals go, not the UK tobacco shops who convert the price back to sterling at their own exchange rate

toby1234abc:
How do you get to “Route 66”,heard you get nicked for driving to it,and owners refund the fine.It is in Lux near Capellon area■■?

From Belgium E411, into Lux and come off at J1, up the slip, turn right over the motorway.
At the roundabout with a big Total garage, straight on.
First right after the roundabout. Route 66 comes up on your right at the end of a long block set back from the road. There’s parking for 2 wagons with ‘reserved for Route 66 cliente’ and a small cafe there too.
Where you turn right for Route 66 is a cross roads. Facing you are two restaurants, an Italian place on the right, a French style on the left. Both are open till fairly late and I’ve eaten at both at around 10pm local time, earlier is better though

It’s possible that you may get nicked and fined for going there, as you will anywhere in Lux’ for leaving the transit route.
The owners of Route 66 (or the Total) will refund your fine, the next time you get there.
The way it works is:-
Apparently there’s an MEP lives near there, who complains to the Chief of Police about the big smelly noisy lorries, CoP tells his boys in blue to show willing every now and then.
You get a tug, you don’t have a delivery in the area, so you get a fine for leaving the transit route.
The fine goes into the coffers of the Chamber of Commerce.
Next visit, take your fine receipt to whichever outlet you favour, they deduct the fine money from the goods you purchase and keep your receipt.
The owners collect all the receipts, then go to the Chamber of Commerce and complain bitterly that their customers are being victimised.
The Chamber of Commerce refund the fine money to whichever outlet you used.

You don’t get the chance to get to the shop on the day you get nicked, besides, if they don’t know you why would they bother?
'I know about the money going in a circle, from getting my fine refunded and asking about it.
That’s 1 fine in over 6 years of visiting Route 66. Now I’ve said that, I’ll get a tug next time. :blush: :unamused: :laughing:

I have regularly used the N4 into Martelange, you nip into Lux and back out into Belgium, 5 minutes done, cheap squirt and a few ■■■■. A couple of decent routiers too with large parking area

Wheel Nut:
I have regularly used the N4 into Martelange, you nip into Lux and back out into Belgium, 5 minutes done, cheap squirt and a few ■■■■. A couple of decent routiers too with large parking area

Are the tanks still on the roundabout in Bastogne? Never got a picture :cry:

Ross.

bigr250:

Wheel Nut:

Are the tanks still on the roundabout in Bastogne? Never got a picture :cry:

Ross.

Yes they were the last time I went through, it is surprising how much mileage the national route cuts off compared to the autoroute

pay on your debit card or in euros in luxembourg.
pay in sterling in belgium.
it’s not worth shopping around in these countries, it’s the same price at the services as anywhere else.
in spain don’t buy at the services or anywhere near the motorways, get into the towns and villages for the locals price, it’s a huge difference.