Where to buy cheap?

im goin to france in the car through eurotunnel and just wondered wheres the best place to get booze and ■■■■, now that Eastenders has shut down?

Go to Belgie - Adinkerke for cheap ■■■■ and fuel if you don’t mind have a drive bit longer - next stop is Luxembourg! :smiley:

you could just ask Phil … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pidou for booze or any of the french supermarkets.

Asda 4 booze

Very little saved buying booze, you might as well go to ASDA or Tossco’s, Adinkerke or Hoogstaten for ■■■■ baccy etc

Wine still a little cheaper in France I think but beer is just as competitively priced in your local Asda/tesco/stainsbury depending on who has the deals.

Tobacco and ■■■■ are cheapest in belgium but I do think that adinkereke seems to have that “Eastenders” factor of late, ie: everybody thinks we’re cheap so if we up the prices they wont bother to check. Also they have the cheek to charge a transaction fee when paying by card.

When returning to Calais from Belgium I use the texaco at middlekerke which is the last services before the border, or the one after jabeke. More competitively priced than adinkereke and don’t ■■■■ you for a transaction fee on the card.

Mind if your considering a “bulk buy” you might find a better deal can be struck in adinkereke…

Cheers
Neilf

neilf:
Wine still a little cheaper in France I think but beer is just as competitively priced in your local Asda/tesco/stainsbury depending on who has the deals.

Tobacco and ■■■■ are cheapest in belgium but I do think that adinkereke seems to have that “Eastenders” factor of late, ie: everybody thinks we’re cheap so if we up the prices they wont bother to check. Also they have the cheek to charge a transaction fee when paying by card.

When returning to Calais from Belgium I use the texaco at middlekerke which is the last services before the border, or the one after jabeke. More competitively priced than adinkereke and don’t ■■■■ you for a transaction fee on the card.

Mind if your considering a “bulk buy” you might find a better deal can be struck in adinkereke…

Cheers
Neilf

Must admit i havent been through Belge recentley but i thought the price is fixed the same all over the country?

As said Adinkerke is favourite but if they are adding transaction fees to card or adding a few cents because of their popularity you could go up to the next junction off motorway you can go to truckstop at Veurne or tobacco warehouse on the N8

You can also go to Steenvorde you get a choice of bacci shops, head towards Lille take exit 13 turn left to border

RIPPER:
As said Adinkerke is favourite but if they are adding transaction fees to card or adding a few cents because of their popularity you could go up to the next junction off motorway you can go to truckstop at Veurne or tobacco warehouse on the N8

i get my tabbaco at the 24hr shop on the N8 and fuel further down about 2 miles at the unmanned pmo garage at alveringham, its 1.43 a litre. beer is cheaper in morrisons but my wine from pidou dunkirk.

Is Pidou at dunkerke still open ?

jimboy124:
Is Pidou at dunkerke still open ?

yes i was in there last thursday and will be this thursday.

It had a bloody large lump of concrete outside the shutters a few weeks ago .

Good to know its open

jessicas dad:

RIPPER:

i get my tabbaco at the 24hr shop on the N8 and fuel further down about 2 miles at the unmanned pmo garage at alveringham, its 1.43 a litre. beer is cheaper in morrisons but my wine from pidou dunkirk.

Thats abit off route for me, although there are showers there and overnight truck parking , I use their Adinkerke TabbacoXL shop , its massive , fit birds , Park at West end of village and have a amble up to shop which is a nice little walk along canal. Cheap as cheaps , free chocs and free lighters !