TNT Logistics

Hi there everyone,I am just scouting for information on TNT logistics,as a night trunking job advert has been placed in the local rag for the new facility in Brimsdown,Enfield.Before I apply,I would like to know if anybody has done night trunking for TNT or day work,and what are they like to work for?

My main question is ‘what do they pay’,and what is the average working week based on?I’m sure some of you have done work for TNT before,even if it was on a contractual basis.I would like to thank you in advance for any replies ,Cheers,
Glenn, :slight_smile:

TNT used to pay very good money and benefits when I lived back there, I don’t know how it has changed if any but I was quite envious of the TNT drivers.

I did 18mths agency driving at Iver for them on the Newsfast side. Plenty of drivers used to come and go having been promised the earth on a very low hourly rate. The lads I worked with were on less than £6/hr. There is a fairly complex pay formula based on unsocial hours, early starts, nights etc etc but this was all based on a poor hourly rate. Some of the guys I worked with were working just under 70hrs/week and clearing just under 400.

70 hrs a week :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

NO LIFE…

from what I can recall they had no life and no money either!!

Its all true Glenn,

They offer you the earth and wrap the whole package up to look very very good, however, it just does not end up being as good as they say.

This sort of job often suits the semi-retired, those that have their pension and savings sorted out and dont really want to or have to do the long, long hours to earn a decent crust.

I believe that you are actually ‘employed’ by the newspapers themselves, in the loosest possible way, as they dictate to TNT who, what, where, when etc. The Dutch Postal Group own TNT and have often been heard to say that the UK business is their form of a ‘tax’ loss.

When I used to work for them out of Braintree, the TM always said that they would NEVER pay a decent wage, it just was not the TNT way.

I do believe the only ones that do earn a good wage is the ‘multi-drop’ boys, although we are talking about 80/90 drops/collections a day!

If you dont need good money, and just some experience, its worth a go, just for a laugh, the Newsfast boys never really worked that hard…

Terry

Never worked at all if truth be known!!!

In the late eighties they were working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern on the papers out of Wapping and i seem to remember the money wasn’t bad.'co se that only lasted a couple of years after they had helped “The dirty digger” break the printers strike.Now it’s {insert swear word} :stuck_out_tongue:

Look here to see about TNT Recrutment

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … 7412#17412

Ther are different departments and pay scales just as there was with Fed Ex when i worked there. The parcel branch used to pay the best.

Can’t comment myself, but got chatting with a driver who worked for them and was on the Newspaper side (there are many different bits and I understand different depts have different pay structures) and he was only on £6 summat/hr on nights. Like others have said, they have a very complex pay structure for this, that ‘n’ t’other and it sounds rosey and looks good on paper but your actual take home is pennies. As a newbie you’re bound to end up with a pre-TGA MAN as well, and that’s far enough reason not to take the job! As Tony would say, mop & bucket money ! :laughing:

Thanks for the replies guys,I guess thats a resounding no. :laughing: How do these firms get so big,thats what i would like to know with the droppings they are offering as wages.

Cheers again for the help,Glenn

They did it by being around when there were more driver’s than jobs and people were gratefull for anything they could get.

been told yesterday that take home is 500 per week. thats night trunking, don’t know how true. this info came from a tnt van driver. he also said that these jobs are hard to get into as its such a cozy job,that someone has to leave or die b4 they become available. :wink:

£500 take home?TNT? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t earn that before tax

only going with what one of the drivers said.as i said don’t know how true this info was. but you’d think it would be right coming from one of there own. :wink: