TNT Again!

Well since my neck has been bad I have decided to work in the uk for a bit so when the agency rang and asked me to step in on a long term contract at TNT Atherstone then I thought to myself why not?
On the first night I was issued with maps of all the depots which I thought was very organised then I went out on a run with the agency foreman who explained TNT’s idiosyncrasies which was also a luxury as far as I was concerned, I was issued with my own wagon which is a nice bit of kit.
It’s job and finish and I cannot recall the last time I was made more welcome by the management and workers alike and there is a real team spirit amongst the agency workers, some of which have been there for years.
I have read the bad press that TNT has recieved on Trucknet and I am sure that people have their reasons but I’m having a great time it has come as quite a shock that all the exotic jobs I have done that I could enjoy a job that is just 10 minutes from my home.

see lady life ain’t all that bad in the uk,and your home every night.and you got a happy work force 10mins fae yer home :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Let’s see how it goes but the world is full of suprises! How are you Jim? :wink: :laughing:

i’m fine thanks :wink: can’t complain alright i could but no one will listen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You can complain ANYTIME you like, you know where I am and besides I owe you one. :wink:

Hey Ladytrucker,What about TNT Australia?Always on the lookout for drivers/team members;latest ad last week wants drivers"With certificate 111 Transport and Distribution(Road Transport) or willingness to comence this qualification (On paid time)"
Email hr_southernregion@tnt.com.au

5 Years ago somebody had to die before TNT would even look at your resume,now they advertise extensivley…
Must be the best transport job going if they spend so much on advertising for new drivers,but I would be cynical otherwise.

Ladytrucker679:
On the first night I was issued with maps of all the depots which I thought was very organised then I went out on a run with the agency foreman who explained TNT’s idiosyncrasies which was also a luxury as far as I was concerned, I was issued with my own wagon which is a nice bit of kit.
It’s job and finish and I cannot recall the last time I was made more welcome by the management and workers alike

Can I be really sexist here and suggest your gender may have something to do with the welcome, Lady?

boots:
Hey Ladytrucker,What about TNT Australia?Always on the lookout for drivers/team members;latest ad last week wants drivers"With certificate 111 Transport and Distribution(Road Transport) or willingness to comence this qualification (On paid time)"
Email hr_southernregion@tnt.com.au

5 Years ago somebody had to die before TNT would even look at your resume,now they advertise extensivley…
Must be the best transport job going if they spend so much on advertising for new drivers,but I would be cynical otherwise.

Thanks Boots that’s great I will look into it. :wink:

Of course you can Bear it does have it’s advantages from time to time. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i’ll second that, it certainly does have it’s advantages. Also makes ya feel like a lepar when ya having a bad day though.

:laughing: :wink:

I take a trailer to either Atherstone or Kingsbury most nights and have to say the the TNT drivers all seem to enjoy thier jobs, the only moans you hear are the usual driver’s complaints of who got what run etc. as you say Lady it’s job and finish so the futher they have to go… :cry:

The canteen is pretty good isn’t it, very cheap too :smiley:

Are you there for end of sort (PANIC!!!) richiessex cus if you are come and say hello, I’m the only bird there but if your in doubt I habitualy wear a leather scania baseball cap and I hang out in the smoking hut.
Yeah they do moan but I always thought that they taught them that at HGV school, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: you hear it in every canteen. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Last night I was sat with a couple of blokes and a racing pigeon :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . Well it takes all sorts I supose! Apparantly this guy is an owner driver who subs for TNT but his all consuming passion is racing pigeons so he uses his job to train them and wherever he gets sent is where he lets the birds go.
Then a guy walks in after apparantly 6 weeks on the sick and every body starts killing themselves laughing it turns out he took a nose dive off the gang plank at a depot and put his hands out to break his fall he said that he was ok driving home on the motorway as long as there wasn’t too much steering but the A5 was a problem with all those [zb]ing roundabouts well he got back to the yard and they found out what he had done he was sent to casualty when they heard what he had done and it turns outthat he had broke both his arms! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Lady,

I ONLY do EOS if i really have too, but yes i do do it, so if i see ya i’ll say hi, I generally stand at the door of the smoking hut so i can see the monitor, because after them loaders have been in there with their malboroughs and other camel muck they smoke it’s kinda hard to breath in there :slight_smile:

I know exactly who you are talking about regards the pigeons, he can talk and talk about them bleeding birds for ever and once he starts…

I didn’t hear about the bloke with the broken arms though.

Do you only do EOS ?

Rich

richiessex:
Lady,

I know exactly who you are talking about regards the pigeons, he can talk and talk about them bleeding birds for ever and once he starts…

Do you only do EOS ?

Rich

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes mate EOS facinates me believe it or not!
You’ll find me I’ll buy you a coffee. :wink:

Ok Lady you got it :wink: the good news is I prefer the machine coffee which is cheaper than the ‘posh’ coffee :laughing:

Already got my work sorted for the rest of the week so might catch up with you next week

Rich