TIR parking at Irun

i have seen the juices that seep from the trailer with the hide skins,made a mess,and rots away the chassis if not cleaned up asap,the smell was bad.

toby1234abc:
i have seen the juices that seep from the trailer with the hide skins,made a mess,and rots away the chassis if not cleaned up asap,the smell was bad.

Indeed, very acidic!!

If we tipped at Salvertiera there was a Michelin garage a few miles down the N1 that used to wash the trailer out for a few Pesetas, leave the dropsides down overnight and good to go in the morning, still a little smelly but a load of onions would nutralise almost any pong.

Ross.

bigr250:

Wheel Nut:
My worst memory of Irun was parking next to a trailer full of leaking hides on a bank holiday, there were no other spaces, the cab stunk for days :open_mouth:

Ooh er, that could’ve been me :confused: we used to take skins to Salveriera quite often and always ‘cleared’ at Irun.

Ross. :smiling_imp:

If it was, you got me drunk too :stuck_out_tongue: or someone did!

Wheel Nut:

bigr250:

Wheel Nut:
My worst memory of Irun was parking next to a trailer full of leaking hides on a bank holiday, there were no other spaces, the cab stunk for days :open_mouth:

Ooh er, that could’ve been me :confused: we used to take skins to Salveriera quite often and always ‘cleared’ at Irun.

Ross. :smiling_imp:

If it was, you got me drunk too :stuck_out_tongue: or someone did!

It wasn’t me but I think I must have met him as well, you see he got me drunk as well!!! (many times :smiling_imp: )

Ross. :blush:

Not Irun but across the other side of the country, La Janquera.

Pics taken end of October begining of November 1981…

All looks abit quiet. :smiley:
Anybody recognise the Transcon or the Scania next to it with the English / Arabic writing on the trailer??

Think the Transcon and probably the Scania were White Haul. Cant remember where they were from though

Slope:

love sponge:
sorry cant remember what he looked like i had other things on my errr mind :smiling_imp:

Yeah i can imagine…300/400 pesetas for a beer ■■? Bloody hell :laughing:

Its ok Slope,your Dad would never do anything like that !!!

kerbut:

Slope:

love sponge:
sorry cant remember what he looked like i had other things on my errr mind :smiling_imp:

Yeah i can imagine…300/400 pesetas for a beer ■■? Bloody hell :laughing:

Its ok Slope,your Dad would never do anything like that !!!

Lol!!! I’m sure he wouldn’t!!!