Parking near irun

Waiting to tip and have been for over 4 hrs now at a papermill near Irun but fast running out of time and need somewhere to park for the weekend. Anybody no anywhere free and safe with facilities and NO Toby I haven’t got my bike with me…she’s at home looking after the kids. A proper address or full directions would be great as I don’t know the area at all.

Thanks

I can only suggest getting on the toll road motorway and there is a service area heading from the border at Irun towards San Sebastion.Good food,and free parking.
If you get too bored,and do find parking nearer to Irun it is a nice walk to the beach on the French side at Behobia,or Hendaye.It is a surfers beach and lots of cafes and places to eat.
Another idea is to get the bus to San Sebastian on the Spanish side,good beach there too.
The old TIR parking that we used in the 90`s i presume would be a no go area for truck parking, except for the parking where you have to pay in Irun,where all the ■■■ and booze shops are, there is a laundry machine near the paid parking.
Coming through the French border it is the first exit,and head to the industrial estate.In Irun.

Cheers Toby I am actually on the services you mentioned, I knew about these but like you prefer to see a bit of the area than just a motorway services. After speaking to a Spanish driver he said Irun not good for parking safer on services so I am sat here until Monday. To make matters worse I have just brought a load of waste paper up from Malaga sat for 7 hrs waiting to unload, finally got onto the unloading pad removed all the straps while the forkie disappeared only to have the load refused. I was supposed to reload this afternoon from Tuleda for the UK that was put off until Monday after the wait to tip, now I’m stuck with a load on my back that we can’t find out what’s happening with it until Monday… Don’t you just love it NOT

Taxi.Club.House with flashing lights.Open till late.Ladies in there not wearing much.
Irun for parking is no good for trucks unless loading or tipping at a depot or warehouse and the security let you stay on site.
The service area you are in i sat there a week waiting to get money to.pay a fine to the Basque traffic cops.
At least you have access to a shower and hot food.I walked down the hill to the main road and got a bus to San Sebastian when i was stuck there.

The secure parking is safe enough, there are three of them I prefer number 1, had a senior moment and can’t think of the name which is worrying as I was there Wednesday night lol, paid 22€ for eleven hours cafe is ok but not the cheapest no wi-fi, pub near by but it’s a club bit more too see than the services , old T.I.R park has been shut for a long time, Think it’s Evisa or something like that :blush:

It is too late as you are in a weekly rest i presume but you could have dropped the trailer in the services and took the unit to the beach at Hendaye on the French side.Quaint old seaside town to have your coffee and croissants in at the weekend.There are no laws to say you can not bobtail there.
From the post you came from Malaga to tip near Irun.Load rejected but would have reloaded out of Tudela.That is going quite a way south for a load then back north again.
As Tudela is Navara it seems a long way to get reloaded.
Let us know how you get on monday and if they find a buyer for the reject load.Will you have to take it all the way back to Malaga?Just think if you had a bike and poodle around to get out if the services for a few hours¡¡
Euro driving means being parked up on weekends.I have known drivers that get annoyed if not back in the Uk for a weekend as their partners have organised an event back home.
Hope it goes well next week.

toby1234abc:
It is too late as you are in a weekly rest i presume but you could have dropped the trailer in the services and took the unit to the beach at Hendaye on the French side.

a trailer is not a cigarette mister toby and should not be discarded in the services, where there can be found quite a few abandoned trucks stripped to a skeleton. come monday morning, the driver who spent the weekend in hendaye (running through a weight limit no less) will be very disappointed to find the space he left his trailer in occupied by a spanish fridge combination, while his own former trailer being driven to its new home in the balkans by a jolly romanian fellow .

oh and tudela is 174km from irun, not exactly a days work for a reload.

and you will have to climb over a fence to get out of said services, might be difficult with a bike.

The trailer will need a king pin lock on it, the ,load he has is not the Crown Jewels, it is waste paper, i can not see that in the car boot sales in Romania or Bulgaria.
A weekend is what you make of it, for me i would be out of there.Each to their own.
The Op wanted to park in Irun rather than being stuck where he is now,years ago Irun was truck friendly and you could dump it anywhere, but they have clamped down on parking now.
At junction 3 off the motorway is the police station and big super market,safe there to park.

you are correct, nobody will want the cargo, but there is a lot of stuff attached to a trailer that can be detached in three days. like the wheels, curtains, doors or a kingpin lock. now you have advertised the “big police station and supermarket at junction 3” but this here is junction 3: Google Maps and I’ve been there plenty of times but for the love of god cannot identify a supermarket or a huge police station around there.

milodon:
you are correct, nobody will want the cargo, but there is a lot of stuff attached to a trailer that can be detached in three days. like the wheels, curtains, doors or a kingpin lock. now you have advertised the “big police station and supermarket at junction 3” but this here is junction 3: Google Maps and I’ve been there plenty of times but for the love of god cannot identify a supermarket or a huge police station around there.

the polce station is the big green square at the bottom on igerobi bidea ? and the supermarket is just to the left of that …

touche, it certainly looks like it is but where is the safe ■■■■■■■■■■■■?