This one's a dead giveaway....(Solved by tonyb)

Driving through aberdeen?

Tony b

Care to be a bit more specific :question:

Is it on the main road through?
By what i remember you have to go over a narrow bridge.And the road is a sharp turn right at the end of the picture.

If i’m right it will be a good guess,as ive only been that way a few times.

Tony b

Yeah. I’ll give you that Tony :laughing: :laughing:
The bridge on the Stonehaven Road is narrowed to prevent trucks from using it. This is Riverside Drive, which is the diversion route for trucks transiting Aberdeen on the A90.
The tombstones belong to the Allenvale cemetery.
And you’re right. There’s a sharp right at the end of the road :slight_smile:

Inselaffe:
Yeah. I’ll give you that Tony :laughing: :laughing:
The bridge on the Stonehaven Road is narrowed to prevent trucks from using it. This is Riverside Drive, which is the diversion route for trucks transiting Aberdeen on the A90.
The tombstones belong to the Allenvale cemetery.
And you’re right. There’s a sharp right at the end of the road :slight_smile:

The Bridge of Dee (which Riverside Drive here bypasses) dates back to the 1500s. There is a 7 ft width restriction on this bridge to both prevent damage by heavy vehicles and for the safety of pedestrians. The pavement is only wide enough for peds to walk in single file, so you can’t really talk in terms of the bridge being artificially “narrowed” to prevent trucks using it.

The sharp right at the end is actually a roundabout - but you do need to take an accurate path through it to avoid clipping the kerbs.

Something should really have been done here years ago - forcing lorries to take the guts of a 2 mile detour when there is a bridge barely 200 yds long between the Garthdee and Bridge of Dee roundabouts seems totally insane to me.