Riverside drive aberdeen

i often see trucks parked up along the river on above mentione road, but is it a 2 way street or do you have to get to it as if you are going over the weight limit bridge and then swing left or can you go up it from the other end?

its a 2 way street, basically its the hgv route through the city,

you come off great southern road and either left or right.

not sure about parking for trucks along there, but watch for traffic wardens up there, they work 7 days a flaming week. i got a ticket at 5pm on a sunday once i was like wtf

Even though its a 2 way street ts better to come in from the bridge end as coming in the other way its a dead end and you wont be able to turn.

As for parking there, I wouldn’t, Aberdeen has a 5t overnight parking restriction in place and the residents down that way like to phone the boys in blue and tell them about the lorrys parked there, oh and dont try the “truckstop” either as it costs £40 a night to park in there with no food facilitys only a grotty toilet with some equally grotty showers, and don’t even think about fueling there with a bunker card now ( unless you want to pay £40) as fuel is for overnight parkers only.

You would be better off eating and showering at Stracathro on the way up and parking in York Street down the docks, a few pubs in the neighbourhood with an Asda and restraunt and cinema complex about 5-10 mins walk away.

I just Park in Altens. If you have an empty you can drop it and quickly nip round to the Burger King and back. Never had any probs parking there and there’s dropped trailers kicking around

when you follow the weight limit route , right before the river then left over the bridge then left alongside the river then you do a sharp right at the mini roundabout, but if you go straight on along the river there is always trucks parked along there during the night/day, just curious as its handy for where i tip the next day
edit, you were all to quick for me there, i tip out on stoneywood ind est up by the airport, anywhere up that way to park as the ind est has double yellows all over it

I take it you are unloading pipe at Drill Quip? If so, if you carry on past Stoneywood entrance and bear left at the first mini roundabout, then left at the next roundabout, left at the lights and under the railway bridge, then left again at the next roundabout and then 2nd left you will come to marked parking in Wellheads ind est.

spot on there scottie its a regular job for us but i very rarely have time to get all the way up ther hence the question on parking, by the way where can i get me one of them maps that tells you where the pubs are :smiley:

scottie0011:
I take it you are unloading pipe at Drill Quip? If so, if you carry on past Stoneywood entrance and bear left at the first mini roundabout, then left at the next roundabout, left at the lights and under the railway bridge, then left again at the next roundabout and then 2nd left you will come to marked parking in Wellheads ind est.

Isnt there a weight limit on Victoria Street? I deliver to the ASDA in Riverside Drive and Im pretty sure I`ve seen the weight limit sign.

joemaxi:
Isnt there a weight limit on Victoria Street? I deliver to the ASDA in Riverside Drive and Im pretty sure I`ve seen the weight limit sign.

Yes but it doesnt start untill after the traffic lights

I park on the sea front and leave the trl there no problem.

can you elaborate dafman, theres a lot of seafront by aberdeen :smiley:

chaversdad:
can you elaborate dafman, theres a lot of seafront by aberdeen :smiley:

think he means the beach front from the burgerking round to footdee

but in all honesty staying and living in aberdeen if its a morning tip the closer to ur drop u get the better as from around 6.30 am till atleast 1000 the routes through aberdeen are a nightmare

yea down by the amusements, stupidly wide road so parking isnt much of a problem, but it is usually bloody cold down there especially this time of year

thanks fellas get were you mean now

chaversdad:
when you follow the weight limit route , right before the river then left over the bridge then left alongside the river then you do a sharp right at the mini roundabout, but if you go straight on along the river there is always trucks parked along there during the night/day, just curious as its handy for where i tip the next day
edit, you were all to quick for me there, i tip out on stoneywood ind est up by the airport, anywhere up that way to park as the ind est has double yellows all over it

i came past there at 04.00 friday morning and there were 3 or 4 parked up there, im sure there was a 7.5ton weight limit sign there? wasnt paying that much attention thou, as i wanted to be getting to bed for my 3hrs sleep before unloading!
Will have another look tonight (well prob around 02.00 Sunday morning) when i go back past there.

where are you kindle the exibition center

gogzy:
yea down by the amusements, stupidly wide road so parking isnt much of a problem, but it is usually bloody cold down there especially this time of year

Watch out the hookers don`t get you… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i always park aournd raik road. my collection is there anyway but there is free parking for trucks in that area anyway. failing that there is a nice big car park at lidls on the A956 on the way into town. i have never seen any signs saying you cant park there although i have never had a proper look admittedly. surely a restriction would be obvious before you turn in though? :confused:

nice to have you back scanny

I used to park at altens when I was staying up there, went to truck stop about 18 months ago to find it was shut :smiley: or at least looked that way what a dump! Went burger king for dinner and got cans from the shell garage next door. If there were two of us we used to stay at portlethen in pub car park opposite asda on the big island bells of something it were called and the food was really nice or b&b in laurancekirk 2 of 3 pubs there have rooms for 30 or 35 quid and include breakfast.