This man is still driving?

In our local rag last night, was an article stating “New ban for death driver”.
Apparently, Harry Clark who was driving the bin lorry that killed six people, has been banned from driving FOR A SEPARATE OFFENCE, for reckless driving!
Surely, this bloke needs his ■■■■■■■ legs off!

Probably only lost his HGV entitlement first time round - his breif will have pleaded hardship to enable him to keep his car licence .

Think you will find that he was driving while disqualified.
Nope got this wrong. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

See next post

His neighbours dobbed him to the authorities for driving his car or cars, he claimed he was just giving them a run ,but came back with grocery bags .

He’s a lady garden, and will get straight back in a car. I do not understand why someone who gets caught driving whilst disqualified, only gets another ban…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g … t-39453847

As I understand it, his licence was revoked on medical grounds? So how can they ban him from driving, if his licence is already revoked??

However, his licence had been revoked for 12 months on 27 June 2015.

the nodding donkey:
As I understand it, his licence was revoked on medical grounds? So how can they ban him from driving, if his licence is already revoked??

Because, technically, he hasn’t lost his licence. If he can prove he is fit to drive it would of been reinstated. However, now he’s been banned. Should of been for life in the form of a few .56 in his knee caps and head.

On a side note. I work s an HGV driver for a large green supermarket & have driven trucks for the last 28 years, & whilst not defending Harry Clark in any way shape or form, there are a number of drivers out there who are not spring chickens anymore & have things wrong with them but are simply too worried about the consequences of bringing them to light. (ie- loss of licence, job…house…livelihood etc) & I’m pretty sure this fella was one of them!

After killing 6 people while driving with a medical condition that he knew about imo he should have been charged with manslaughter, convicted and banged up for a good while. But then to drive again while either banned or with a revoked license just shows the sort of ■■■■■■■ he really is !! And again he walks free from the court, does he know something about the judge that we don’t …

I remember reading somewhere he was caught driving his car while on ban. it is ■■■■■■ up system

busteredwards:
On a side note. I work s an HGV driver for a large green supermarket & have driven trucks for the last 28 years, & whilst not defending Harry Clark in any way shape or form, there are a number of drivers out there who are not spring chickens anymore & have things wrong with them but are simply too worried about the consequences of bringing them to light. (ie- loss of licence, job…house…livelihood etc) & I’m pretty sure this fella was one of them!

I’d agree with you if not for the fact this prick killed 6 people, went to the media with crococile tears about how depressed and upset he was, said he had no idea what happened and then applied to get his license back 2 months later despite knowing full well what was wrong with him and that it had happened before and could have happened again.
He doesnt care that he killed all those people while driving with a known dangerous condition

And he’s only 60 FFS? He looks old enough to be my dad and I’m pushing 73!

The-Snowman:

busteredwards:

I’d agree with you if not for the fact this prick killed 6 people, went to the media with crococile tears about how depressed and upset he was, said he had no idea what happened and then applied to get his license back 2 months later despite knowing full well what was wrong with him and that it had happened before and could have happened again.
He doesnt care that he killed all those people while driving with a known dangerous condition

It’s not a case of agreeing or not, it’s a fact of life that certain people like our Mr Clark are simply too worried about the future (there’s…not the rest of the world’s unfortunately) to go to the doctor to have known symptoms confirmed. A lot of them will get away with it, but not in this fella’s case.

busteredwards:

The-Snowman:

busteredwards:

It’s not a case of agreeing or not, it’s a fact of life that certain people like our Mr Clark are simply too worried about the future (there’s…not the rest of the world’s unfortunately) to go to the doctor to have known symptoms confirmed. A lot of them will get away with it, but not in this fella’s case.

Dont get me wrong, in the majority of cases I have no doubt lots of people keep quiet for fear of losing their job and I get where they are coming from and can see why they would but this guy applied to get his license back two months after killing 6 people. He also gave a sob story to the local rag about how sad he was and how he didnt know what had happened, which was more lies. His lies, the application to get his license back and the fact he STILL drives despite A) knowing full well he could pass out again and B) not even having a license at the time says to me its not about fear of losing his job and more about his own selfish reasons
I also have major issues with the system that let him keep his license even after the bus incidents. They are as much to blame as Clark for the bin lorry tragedy in my view

His contempt is amazing. If I killed or seriously injured someone on the road, I don’t think I’d ever drive again, even a car.