Thinking of handed notice in

Im thinking of handing notice in to do agency work if nothing else out there.The reason been i have been driving for this company for 3 years now on the low loader but just before xmas finished work as usual went home turned my own phone off next day friday before xmas bosses son rings me and starts shouting and balling swearing and the works for turning my own phone off so i tell him so stick his job 3 weeks after xmas gets phone call of the boss to come back so i do.Now for the last 3 weeks the son has give me [zb] shouting and balling swearing in my face i made a little dent in wing of wagon last week so now my wash bonus and attendence bonus has been taken off me until damage has been paid for this is the sons doing by the way which he says is gonna cost a grand for new bonnet for tcab told him its been repaired already at a cost of 10 pound but still bonus has gone its got to the stage now where i cant stand going to work as i know the son will start with his attitude and mouth would you put up with been talked to like a dog or walk away from job.

( language edit ) jd

Just smack him one.

If it were me i would smack him and leave i wont take that [zb] from no one but thats me you can stick with it and try and fined something else or leave it depends on your postion many here would stick with it at this time but not me.
There seems to me theres to many companys that think they can treat drivers like [zb] and get away with it as there loads on dole that will do the job.
Me i say [zb] them and will move on to something else.

( language edit ) jd

Get him on his own and ask him what his problem is with you?

Steady goes. You may want a reference from him at some point. :laughing: :laughing:

see if you can have a chat with his dad, maybe he doesnt realise what his sons up too, ive found dads dont always back there kids 100%.
as for smacking him, been there done that and all you achieve [if the coppers dont get involved] is end up with a ■■■■ reputation, yea youll get all the back patting from your so called mates,but theyll be still in a job while your not.
if youve had enough just do what i do now, just find something else and move on.
best of luck

me personally like rest would smack him but at the moment i try to keep calm. If it’s a big company do u have a union? if not i’d talk to the boss and tell him ur going to see someone about him might give u enough time to bear it and find something else. If ur finiances can stand u off work a while deck him. :laughing:

ady1:
see if you can have a chat with his dad, maybe he doesnt realise what his sons up too, ive found dads dont always back there kids 100%.

I’ll echo that advice - he may be due to take over the company one day - does his dad want someone like that to take over from him■■? !!!

first thing i’d do would be to see the boss IN PRIVATE and explain that you are thinking of leaving and tell him exactly as youve told us. He obviously thinks you are up to the job coz he asked you back last time.

Has the son got a HGV licence or experience. I doubt it hes probably just trying to assert his misguided authority…“Im the bosses son and you do what I say” that type of thing.

Do your fellow workers get the same treatment? If so get together and all see the boss.

If you get no joy and decide to leave I would go to see ACAS and try a tribunal for constructive dismissal.

Get him on his own and ask him what his problem is with you

?
[/quote]
This would be the best option, but make sure it’s somewhere nice and quiet…

i wouldnt leave the job too give the son the satisfaction but i would be looking for another job, i would have a word with your boss and let him know how you are being treated, if you dont get a satisfactory answer then you know they both want you out. if that the case then get legal advise on it as you might have case against them

brooksy1:
‘…I cant stand going to work as I know the son will start with his attitude and mouth would you put up with been talked to like a dog or walk away from job…’

a. Stay with the job.

b. Blank the son & explain that you’re ‘avoiding being drawn into child abuse by the bosses kid’ to those co-workers who matter.

Peter Smythe:
Steady goes. You may want a reference from him at some point. :laughing: :laughing:

Employers are not allowed to give a “bad” reference anymore.I heard of one chap who had worked for a co. fot over 25 years, he got caught nicking and was sacked. The reference given to a prospective employer was ;-

Mr Smith had worked for this company for over 25 years. During that time, he attended on a regular basis.

I’d be writing this from a cell if I was in your position, so well done for holding back.

The son sounds like a cretin to me and I very much doubt a quiet word with dad will achieve much as Dad will already know he’s a moron, but he’s his moron etc…

I would recommend taping his outburst. many phones can tape things now, or borrow a dictaphone maybe? Then approach Dad and TELL him, this has to stop or I use the tape as evidence for a constructive dismissal case. More tapes equal more evidence and puts you in charge of the situation.

It would be a rather nice feeling to let this scumbag know you have him by the sphericals.

i know what it feels like to be in your position,i have been there myself but i did not handle it properly the bosses son was a right jumped up little ■■■■ and he made my life hell i went through depression with it all even speaking to the boss himself did little to deter the idot it even went to him doing stuff to my truck and blaming it on me i tried to talk to him and asked him whats on your mind but he whould just haul abuse at me.it all ended on one faithful saturday when i got back from a long week i pulled on the wash bay and he came over to me i got out said to him how you doing he barged past me so that was it i got him in a head lock and ran full pelt into the side of my scania rocking the cab he said im sorry im sorry but i saw red it all came flooding out he was semi knocked out so i smacked him at least 7 times in the face and neck and fractured his jore bone there was so much blood but he asked for it till this day i wish i could have gone about it different but hay how much can a bloke take what im trying to say is dont let it get to you like it did me dont be afraid to walk away.if it was not for the other lorry drivers pulling me off of him god knows what would have happend the boos himself did not do anything and he could have prevented this but i tried to be patient i suppose i should have just walked away.

Go and buy yourself a dicta-phone (i think that’s what they’re called) or some other kind of recorder that you can hide. Try it out in the shop a couple of times to see how it performs from 3 or 4 metres. Collect a few examples of his outbursts and consult a legal beagle with regards claiming constructive dismissal.

I would get far more satisfaction screwing them for a few grand than I would smacking the ■■■■■ Besides, you can smack the barsteward after the payout.

Well spoke to the boss today now i see were the son gets it from so bit my tongue really hard too do. looking for another job gonna try stay there until i find 1 tho.

ajdavis64:
Just smack him one.

This would be my choice, and then smack the Dad for good measure.

dieseldog6:

ajdavis64:
Just smack him one.

This would be my choice, and then smack the Dad for good measure.

DONT DO THIS. :exclamation:

there is more satisfaction in screwing them for all you can get and you dont want to end up in court on an assault charge

Try to get evidence as suggested with a recording of the abuse and then contact ACAS on…

0151 728 5600

Thats the Liverpool office I dealt with for an unfair dismissal case.

They are extremely helpful and best of all FREE.Give 'em a call for information and advise anyway.

All I had to do was provide a written report and they did the rest.
(BTW I won and got £4500…result)

They have offices all over the UK so you may have to go to nearest. just type ACAS into search box at yell.com and you get a list.

Good Luck

hiya, is he a hard man? is he as hard as a piece of three x three round the back of the neck? no way would he speak to me like that, and i’d have the sack with a smile on my face. thanks harry long retired.