Things are looking up!

Just been to see the insurance guy today about my renewal,last year it was about £4350 now have two years no claims and for a 44t unit and tipping trailer hauling quarry aggregates fully comp its £1850 :exclamation: :open_mouth: :smiley: :wink: .
The local Asda garage (10 mins drive from the quarry) are doing diesel at 89.9 and a further 2ppl off when you use an Asda credit card so I’m getting the motion lotion for 72.5ppl ex-Vat :exclamation: :laughing: ,
happy days :wink: .

:sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Big Truck:
The local Asda garage (10 mins drive from the quarry) are doing diesel at 89.9 and a further 2ppl off when you use an Asda credit card so I’m getting the motion lotion for 72.5ppl ex-Vat :exclamation: :laughing: ,

If its anything like my local asda they will limit you to £40.00 [automated unmanned pumps ] which means you will be in asda 2 or 3 times a day :laughing:

R143-500:

Big Truck:

If its anything like my local asda they will limit you to £40.00 [automated unmanned pumps ] which means you will be in asda 2 or 3 times a day :laughing:

No mate,
They don’t have any HGV pumps and they will do the usual shutting off every 100l but they restart them and you have to go in and pay after every 300l, as my tanks only hold 700l its not too bad :slight_smile: .
How many of your mainland bogstandard Asda garages are glad to see HGV’s pulling in to fill up :question:
see living in N.Ireland isn’t too bad after all :sunglasses: :wink: .

Isn’t it a load cheaper in the Republic??

TC

How many of your mainland bogstandard Asda garages are glad to see HGV’s pulling in to fill up

When I was based in Basildon, I’d fill up just about every day at Sainsburys or sometimes Tesco both within 1/2 mile of the yard and both happy to give you Nectar / Clubcard points plus double points / school vouchers etc. The Sainsburys there is quite a popular one for HGV drivers, there’s a lot of rigids based in Bas. and a good number fill up there. The pumps will only give you 2x100 litres but you can drop your card in first and they’ll process your card and reset the pump for you.

Now based in Harlow it’s a different matter the supermarkets are inaccessible and the BP on the way out is a joke with only one HGV lane, and no way past if you get round the back, discover the queue and haven’t the time to wait. It’s really only the Shell on the way or nothing for me.

The_Catman:
Isn’t it a load cheaper in the Republic??

TC

Yes it is around 62ppl at the minute in the “South” for the fuel cards that I have and I’ve gotten alot of fill up’s there when I was on a tarmac contract about 12 miles from the border.
Now I park the truck at a quarry that would be about 60 miles round trip to get a 600l fill,so doing the maths I think I’m better off sticking with Asda,time to drive down there, wear on the truck,hassle factor etc.

Fair enough…it can’t be much fun running a petrol station just north of the border…

TC

The_Catman:
Fair enough…it can’t be much fun running a petrol station just north of the border…

TC

Understatement of the year,there are none :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: .