They hate us!!

I have only been driving wagons for about 10 months but in that time the abuse I have got is unbelievable from being told I shouldn’t be bringing that down here to which my reply was well how else are your neighbours going to move into their house to some idiot in London threatening to stab me and then when he realised that I wasnt going to back down decided to drive off as fast as he could.

It doesnt bother me a row a day keeps the job interesting but I cant believe how much abuse we do actually get, if I was driving like an idiot then I would expect it but all I am doing is my job.

It always makes me laugh how they will give it all the biggun but when you pull up next to them in traffic the great big wagon that has delayed them 2 seconds of their precious little life becomes invisible and they will not look at you

I just ignore them mate,winds the ■■■■■■■■ up even more :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hiya …had it all i suppose we all have(funny hand signs and brake lights)i was backing out
of a builders yard nr sutton coalfield one day(with a banksman) into traffic that had to stop
and wait. i drive off and theres this pratt who has got to overtake cut me up and do silly hand
signs out of his window. i took no notice but we did get to a set of traffic lights and i was
right behind him.i sort off looked at him through his mirror and he was looking back at me.
well for some reason or other i had to open my drivers door to give it a good slam(old truck)
this car shot off straight through the lights (on red) just missing other traffic and getting some
good horn blows. it was quite funny. the door did,nt always stick just some times if you know
what i mean
Joihn

I had that the other day with my coach in Drury Lane in London - I was stopped at the side of the road waiting for my people to come out and this bloke said I shouldnt be here and that nobody can get round me, funny though how everybody was managing to get round me including a 7.5 tonner :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The thing was though, this bloke wasnt even driving :laughing: :unamused:

Just tell them your truck is only the same width as a fire engine !

calebs gramps:
I just ignore them mate,winds the [zb] up even more :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This^

Had anti-truck brigade torrent of abuse from a wealthy neighbour to the tv presenter Gaby Logan,after delivering her tiles from Spain,i ran out of hours,after tipping,so had to park with one set of wheels on the pavement,which was broken before i had arrived in London.
He came out of his expensive house,armed with a camera,and a notebook,to give evidence to the council,so i would have to pay for a new pavement.took the plate number,and all that jazz,i pretented not to speak engilsh,and waffled on in spanish to him.The road i was parked was quiet,he said the police were coming,they never did.

Coffeeholic:

calebs gramps:

This^

+1.

But WHY do they hate us? Is it simply because trucks move slower than cars? Or are they intimidated by the size of trucks? What is it?

On a motorway there is another carriage way to overtake us in. Sorry I made you look in your mirror and twitch your steering wheel to change lane.

In towns and cities … we’re all going to get stopped at the next set of lights anyway.

Squiddy:
But WHY do they hate us? Is it simply because trucks move slower than cars? Or are they intimidated by the size of trucks? What is it?

On a motorway there is another carriage way to overtake us in. Sorry I made you look in your mirror and twitch your steering wheel to change lane.

In towns and cities … we’re all going to get stopped at the next set of lights anyway.

Cause they’re arse holes :stuck_out_tongue:

Squiddy:
On a motorway there is another carriage way to overtake us in.

If they go into the other carriageway to overtake us it will be carnage, best if they stick to using the other lanes. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

True, not even I would wish someone to hop in to the other carriage way to execute an overtaking move!

I may have meant ‘lanes’ instead of ‘carriage way’, but still, is it such a problem to move in to the outside lane (fast lane, BMW lane, most congested lane) to overtake? I know sitting in the middle lane (old ■■■■ lane, mr economical dad lane, ditzy newly passed girl lane) is easier than having to change lanes, but my point is I shouldn’t get abuse from drivers just cos they have to move to the scary outside lane if I am overtaking someone in the slow lane (truck lane, ■■■■■■ lane, looser lane edit often the most freely moving lane :laughing: )

Well for 20+ years I drove a tipper for a living, but nowadays I tow a caravan with a white van! So I REALLY know what hate is, but I keep taking my “No Notice Pills” and let it all pass me by, ha ha. :neutral_face:

Pete.

give it a couple of more weeks then the haters will not only hate the above poster,(no personal attack intended), but thousends of bloody other caravans that seem to think the roads be long to them,esp friday afternoons.
the joys of the A34,M27,A31 in summer is best avoided during said time.

It’s because we are scum, we are thick and uneducated and it’s not a real job, all we do is drive a lorry to get on everyones ■■■■. It doesn’t do anything for the economy, it’s just a burden to people that are considerably better people than us. There’s no need for trucks what so ever, everything should just go on trains anyway.

calebs gramps:

Agree with that, no one ever notices the idiot in the car driving like a (zb) or the ‘nimby’ joe public giving you jip, but they always notice the big bad truck with company name and phone number splashed all over it. So if your gonna give some back you need to the careful, or cunning :wink:

i must admit i get the opposite,foks waving,pipping there horn,asking for pics etc,etc, if they do say anything its do you know if theres a truck with my daughters,mothers, grans name on,stopped in a layby last week and the couple parked up in there car and caravan brought me down a cup of tea and a piece of homemade victoria sanwich cake :smiley: :smiley: ,really nice folks,enjoyedv the chat.

FarnboroughBoy11:
It’s because we are scum, we are thick and uneducated and it’s not a real job, all we do is drive a lorry to get on everyones ■■■■. It doesn’t do anything for the economy, it’s just a burden to people that are considerably better people than us. There’s no need for trucks what so ever, everything should just go on trains anyway.

Too true :frowning: I tried to explain this to my mum that I love trucking and that I’ve never been happier in a job, but she still can’t say ‘my son is a lorry driver’ without it sounding like she is licking a lemon :frowning: Never mind that it pays better than my previous ‘respectable’ job in R&D. It’s not the money that matters, it’s the image it seems.

Feeling sad now and hoping that her mothers day card doesn’t arrive till monday.

ady1:
i must admit i get the opposite,foks waving,pipping there horn,asking for pics etc,etc, if they do say anything its do you know if theres a truck with my daughters,mothers, grans name on,stopped in a layby last week and the couple parked up in there car and caravan brought me down a cup of tea and a piece of homemade victoria sanwich cake :smiley: :smiley: ,really nice folks,enjoyedv the chat.

Oh to be a Stobbie driver :laughing:

ady1:

Did you offer them one of your cans of cider in return?