The Stockyard

Can any of you guy’s or girls tell me if The Stockyard truck stop at Rotherham is open for food etc on a sunday night.
Thanks in advance. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

you could try this
hgvtruckstops.co.uk/modules. … =0&thold=0

According to that link, the answer is no.

However, there are a few pubs locally but they are all about a mile away

There is one on the motorway junction next to Morrisons. The other is The Plough at Micklebring (Turn left out of Stockyard, straight over at crossroads, pub on right when you get to middle of village)

Cheers for that
If it’s dry i might go for a walk and try the pub.
If not, i’ll be cooking in the cab again. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The last time i parked there on a sunday was about 4 years ago. They didn’t do food but they did give me a number for a pizza delivery place. Ellies pizza it was called and she delivered to the truck. Still got the number. No idea if Ellie is still in business, but with service like that, i hope so.

DaiDap:
No idea if Ellie is still in business, but with service like that, i hope so.

its still running, there are several places locally all do free delivery (min £ order) just look em up on yell.com
theres also a dominos place opposite Morrisons. however i wouldnt use em There are numerous takeaways both in in Maltby & bramley (east & west of J1) The stockyard does the usual carvery affair even on sunday afternoon, its popular with the locals however Im not sure what time they cease serving food. (I guess 4pm).
If the bar at the stockyard is closed in the evening, it can be quiet a walk up the ind estate to the pub if you want a beer or 2, but theres a good choice of places if you do up to bramley, the Sir Jacks place is next to morrisons and McDonalds, its 1 of those family fun pubs that also serves food, (you could park up close to Morrisons truck pumps and get your food before heading down to the stockyard) the next 1 up is the travellers, (which is pricey) across the road you have you have the old “ball inn” and around the corner you have Bramley WMC (a CIU card is Req`d to get in or get a local to sign you in)

it really depends on what time you get to the truckstop as to what is a available

[/quote]

(you could park up close to Morrisons truck pumps and get your food before heading down to the stockyard)
[/quote]

you can have a 45 min break while on the pumps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you might, but i wouldnt Id park up outside me house

I only live round the corner :wink:

peirre:

You live round the corner !!!
You could come and pick me up and give me a lift to the pub :laughing: :laughing:
save my legs and i might even buy you a pint. :laughing: :laughing:

alfa man:

peirre:

You live round the corner !!!
You could come and pick me up and give me a lift to the pub :laughing: :laughing:
save my legs and i might even buy you a pint. :laughing: :laughing:

If he was a decent bloke he would pick you up, take you home, get his missus to cook you a meal, run a bath for you make up the spare bed then let you have a quick roll with her before going to bed, then have a cooked breakast waiting for you in the morning another quick roll with the missus then give you a lift back to your truck.

Am i expecting too much? is that why when i phone my mates up to come and get me they are always busy? :laughing:

There is one on the motorway junction next to Morrisons. The other is The Plough at Micklebring (Turn left out of Stockyard, straight over at crossroads, pub on right when you get to middle of village)
[/quote]

7.5t weight limit here, best bet is park @ Morrisons and go in Sir Jacks Pub or McDonalds