The Royal Mail

How do you get a job on the Royal Mail? :blush:

If you want to be employed by then try there website,if you want to drive for then try your local Manpower agency as they are the biggest supplier of drivers for them.
I did 18 yrs employed by them,that was when they used to advertise in the local paper for drivers.

You turn up one day in a small red van with a black and white cat and they give you a uniform and some parcels and you bimble off on your merry way. Isn’t that how it works? :stuck_out_tongue:

apply?

Send them a letter :laughing:

Tacho excempt as well I think?

NikNik:
Tacho excempt as well I think?

Nope. But on British regs I believe. I always drove them on the full rules when I did a stint on their rigids on the old agency tho.
And it’s very hard to get in there as perm now, I did try, but an awful lot of it is now agency bodies.

allikat:
‘… lot of it is now agency…’

Maybe pre-check the hourly rate is acceptable to you first? I did agency with the Post Office later to learn that even the Saturday & Sunday rates were shocking.

A start would be to post more letters !

Happy Keith:

allikat:
‘… lot of it is now agency…’

Maybe pre-check the hourly rate is acceptable to you first? I did agency with the Post Office later to learn that even the Saturday & Sunday rates were shocking.

Manpower are offering £12.50 p.h weekdays and £17.50 for Sundays ( night rate ) :smiley:

Rate depends on whether its class 1 or 2 or even 7 1/2 ton !!

It;s hard to get perm on the wagons apart from there major hub’s all the others were get on delievering the mail on a van and transfer across. Unless you know someone who works for them.

you seem to want to drive atruck whats so bad about stagecoach or is it buses in general. i only ask because i,ve had a few years on buses myself

Judging by the number of motors parked in the warrington depot today i don’t think they will be crying out for drivers :frowning: Could be wrong though usually am

Must let you know there is a lot of swearing on this Video. MODS SORRY AND I WILL ACCEMPT ANY WARNINGS AND ABUSE FROM YA :open_mouth: :smiley:

tHIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU GET A JOB WITH ROYAL MAIL!!!

link removed - the language rules apply to linked videos as well !!!

mickyblue:
Must let you know there is a lot of swearing on this Video. MODS SORRY AND I WILL ACCEMPT ANY WARNINGS AND ABUSE FROM YA :open_mouth: :smiley:

tHIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU GET A JOB WITH ROYAL MAIL!!!

VIDEO REMOVED

pete-b:
Manpower are offering £12.50 p.h weekdays and £17.50 for Sundays ( night rate ) :smiley:

That doesnt sound too bad does it… :sunglasses:

dilbert:
you seem to want to drive atruck whats so bad about stagecoach or is it buses in general. i only ask because i,ve had a few years on buses myself

I just dont want to drive a bus all my life, it was only a stop gap measure when I got sacked from the railway a few years ago… :open_mouth:

DAF95XF:
How do you get a job on the Royal Mail? :blush:

Judging by the standards of their drivers I see most nights, just follow these simple rules:

Drive as fast as the vehicle will allow.

Never look in your mirrors.

When you overtake another lorry, try to scrape the dead flies etc. off the front of the cab with the rear of your trailer.

Good luck.