The price of food over here is

Expensive…I think :question:

This thread is just for Niall, and no-one mention JCB’s…please :wink: :laughing:

How much is a pint of Milk over there now!, the cheapest I can find here is $1.37 + tax (about 77 pence plus the Tax which depending on where you are is about 4 pence)…and thats in the Supermarket, at the convienence stores it almost $2.00 (1 pound 12 pence) and there’s another anoying thing about living over here, we don’t have pound signs on our keyboards :angry: , but I bet you lot have Dollar signs! :angry: :angry:

LOL hahahaha… you can buy a keyboard that has the pound sign cliff, if its that important you ya. And the cost of food is one thing different that I noticed when we’re over there. We stocked up on groceries in the cottage for 10 days for 6 people, and only spent 40 pounds… or about $70… here, the same amount of food would have been close to $200. It’s a trade off. The cost of fuel may be higher over there, as stated in another thread… but before complaining too loudly, those guys should check out the cost of the other things we pay more for… like food, electricity, health insurance…
ect ect ect. They’ll complain, like Patrick did, until they live elsewhere and see the reality of the situation. Grass isn’t always greener…

Hi Cliff, ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yes we do !

At ASDA ( WALMART), the average weekly shopping bill in our house is £100.00.
Milk is about £1.00 for 4 pints,a loaf of bread is between 40p and £1.00,and 8 cans of good old Carling Black Label ( 500 ml ) can be sourced at the local "Sanjay Singh " Indian off licence for about a fiver.

20 cigarettes are around £ 4.60 for 20, or a fiver + at M.S.A’s.
They can be bought for around £ 2.60 a pack though, if you are lucky enough to catch hold of Del, in the boozer, who has just got back from Spain… :unamused:

You next, Ex - Pats !!

Cheers,
Niall.

I actually think Kate will agree with you on this one Cliff :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When we go back to the UK on occassion, She is alway amazed at how cheap food is and thinks British bread is wonderful. People come over here on holiday and compliment the steaks etc, but on our last visit we went for a meal with my Son and his bird, Kate ordered pasta and I ordered Serloin steak, I gave her a bite and she had an expression of sheer amazement on her face … “I should have ordered that” she said.

Don’t knock British food or prices folks. You don’t know what you’ve got untill it’s gone :exclamation:

I bet you’re glad of the petrol price over there at the moment Pat.
U.K. price is going through the roof.

The weather surely compensates sometimes though …?

Cheers,

Niall.

Must be a Bank Holiday in the States !

Either that or my computer is broke. :laughing:

Niall:
Hi Cliff, ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yes we do !

You next, Ex - Pats !!

Cheers,
Niall.

…Smartarse! :wink:

Niall:
Must be a Bank Holiday in the States !

Either that or my computer is broke. :laughing:

What bank holiday■■? What makes ya say that?

Sorry Cliff,
After a couple of posts, I thought my Dollar keyboard was malfunctioning :laughing:

Cheers,

Niall.

Petrol in this area is now $2.10 a gallon, it has risen by 40% :angry:

When I moved here 14+ years ago, Petrol in Georgia was 69 cents a gallon, a packet of ■■■■ was 78 cents and you could get just over $2 to a pound,

Now in Georgia Petrol is $1.99 a gallon, and a packet of ■■■■ will set you back nearly $3.50 but now you only get $1.80 to a pound.

When I first moved here, everything (consumer goods) was so much cheaper than in the UK, now the gap has narrowed so much that in some instances the US is now more expensive and that is not taking into account the ridiculous high costs of health insurance, utility bills, car insurance that we have over here.

I pay almost $100 a week health insurance for the family, and that is subsidised by the company. Dental insurance isn’t worth bothering with (see ‘The Dentist’ topic) but I have it for the Kid’s and Kate.

On my first job in this country I was quoted $120 a week insurance and told the rep “I could save that amount for two months and fly my whole family to the UK for free treatment” (using the usual Virgin cut price tickets we get). :laughing: