How do you afford it?

How do you all afford to live over there :question:

I have just spent the two most expensive weeks of my life back in the UK. We covered 1,030 miles in a Peugot 206 and used about $200 in fuel, in one pub a fosters and a smirnoff ice cost the equivilent of $12.00 sat in TGI FRIDAYS, looked at the menu and saw a burger for $19.00, then walked out.t cost us 30 quid to fill each tank (from a quater full) I can fill my Ford Focus 2.0 street edition for $15. From what I read here and from my mates there you all earn half the money I do. With Council tax, Heavy income tax, dascraceful road fund licence etc how do you all get by :question:

When I lived there I made a grand most weeks, but that was a particularly good paid job and I had a hard time getting by. :open_mouth:

Exactly Pat, That is the legacy you left us with when you went stateside.

Are you still in uK?

Have you got room for us all in your suitcase? :laughing: :laughing:

No :exclamation: sadly I arrived back here at 6.00am this morning (23rd) :frowning:

Pat. Its more expensive here than your side of the pond but did you use the current exchange rate for the calculations? If so then that will have been all the more painful as the Dollar is as weak against the Pound as it has been for many years. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Last year I got just under $1.60 for the pound, just now its close to $1.75. In 2000 on my first visit it was $1.42. It is good news for those of us going West though. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we got $1.85 to the pound :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why do you think Iā€™m upping sticks next year?