The none appering truck

On Tuseday morning I was supposed to pick up or new (ex demo) truck, but it didn’t happen.

The fun started on Friday afternoon with a call from the daeler about a problem with the clearing of finance on the old truck. This was sorted on Monday morning, and all was going well until 1pm when I got a call from the boss saying a director of the dealer had sent it on another demo this week and we couldn’t have it till next week :imp: :imp: This wouldn’t have been a problem but for the old truck running out of MOT and tax that night.

In the end the dealer hired a FM12 for us to use, promising that our truck would be in on Weds night/Thurs morning, and we could pick it up on friday, which was good because we have the sparky booked for Monday to fit the lights, camera, phone ect…

On Thursday PM the boss rings again saying that the truck won’t be in till friday PM, the paint shop aren’t working the weekend so it will be wednesday before we get it :unamused: :unamused: The only comment he could get from the dealer was ‘well you have a truck to use?’ Which is not the point, yes we can still earn, but it’s a major put out and we are paying for a truck we haven’t got yet.

It just seems to us that dealers don’t want to know about the small operator. It’s not just us though, another OD, buying a new truck from the same dealer went to see his truck on Monday to find that they had painted the chassis and the body the wrong colour. And a mixer operator who runs 2 trucks had a new one delivered on Tuseday with the wrong drum on, an identical cockup to the last time he bought one

I’ll think you’ll find in life as I have that most people are crap a their jobs, if it can happen, it will happen and if you don’t double and triple check, it will go badly wrong. :unamused:

Most dealers I spoke to when looking for a new motor didn’t want to know.

My new truck is going on show at the C.V show so as an added by-product everything has to be up & together for the show meaning it will all be ready for when I pick it up in the first week of May :wink: