The New Hours Guard

For anyone interested I have posted a short review of Davey’s new timer here.

One of the Customers we have Sells on Ebay, the link shows the advert Helen is running along with Pictures of both the Silver & Black Units.

We have Guaranteed her 30 Timers from first shipment due in around 21st Jan.

So if you’d like a full preview follow link :wink: :wink:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 4599867662

Regards

Davey

Forgot to add, if your buying using Trucknet Discount the Price will be £54.99 inc P&P but you need to order direct from me :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am arranging for one of the sample timers to be sent to Sharon who helps to Run Donna’s cafe 1\2 mile North of the Markham Moor Roundabout on the Northbound side of the A1 just before Elkesley Village (50 mph speed limit).

The Timer will be available for viewing along with a copy of the data retrieved from the USB Download from around Thursday this week.

Donna’s Cafe will be taking orders for the Timers and they can be purchased over the counter there, from late Jan.

Anyone calling in to look at the timer is respectfully asked to at least purchase a cuppa whilst trying out the timer.

Warning though :wink: The software has been coded to make sure that it needs a code entered after no more than 30 days otherwise it will lock up and will not be useable in the event it is stolen. But anyone passing the cafe is welcome to call in and play around with it, using the five buttons from left to right which are in the same order as the old Hour Guard Timers.

anyone taking up the offer of the New Hour Guard will find them being dispatched around Wednesday next week via 1st Class Recorded Delivery, we will try and arrange for Saturday delivery for those who have requested it, but obviously it down to Royal Mail.

I hope you are all impressed with the new timer and dont forget, I’m here to answer any questions you may have or you can call me on 0845 129 8592 local rate.

£54.99 on ebay but £54.99 to tnuk members with the discount??.

Did i miss something Davey?.

jammymutt:

I would not have thought so Jammy, It was an auction and there was only one bid. No doubt the seller had hoped it would have gone higher. :laughing:

jammymutt:

Yes Jammy you do, you miss the fact that the RRP is £69.99 but increasing to £79.99 from April and obviously we sell to trade at trade prices, If Tnet Members are wanting to save money on the Timer by purchasing at a Discount trade price fair do’s, if they prefer to buy in a shop and pay the shopkeeper his profit that is also up to them.

Its called Business Jammy, as importers of the Product we have our costs which we charge along with investment to recoup (In Total £62,550) we also need to make a profit, therefore we sell in a price structure ie the more units a company purchases the higher the discount, If I recall were you not taking up the offer for the old timers and selling onto work mates? well, I think you may start to understand the way business works.

Helen who is currently selling on Ebay (And doing very well with her sales) is ordering a large number of timers and obviously purchases in bulk allowing her to decide how much profit per timer she wants to make, and obviously as I know what she is paying for them, I also know that she is not been greedy as her profit margin is not very much however going by the qty she is selling she is making a living selling on Ebay.

Of course we could withdraw the discount if you prefer and just put a blanket price of £69.99 on the timer for everyone to pay regardless of whether they are Tnet members or not :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It should also be considered that if a high profile company were selling the identical item they would be charging in excess of £100 per timer :wink:

Sorry Davey, but…

the RRP is £69.99 but increasing to £79.99 from April

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I have been using one of the new timers for around a month now and it has worked perfectly. I was always happy with the older version but this one is better. Some of the things I particularly like about the new one are:

Easier to read display than the previous version.
Main driving timer starts to count from zero again after a 45 minute break, the total time driven and remaining is still of course displayed as well.
Buttons bleep when you press them to change mode, so you know you have pressed them properly.
The warning alarms are much louder than on the previous version and can now be heard above the radio, unless you have it on ear bleeding loud for those favourite track moments. :wink: :smiley:
Ability to lock the buttons to avoid accidental key presses.
Ability to download the information to a PC and use it in the supplied software or in a spread sheet of your own design for record keeping.
Although it doesn’t apply to me, so I haven’t really made much use of it, the ability to record POA’s for the WTD is a handy feature.

It is difficult to find fault with it but just so you don’t feel this is an advert rather than a report of working with the timer I will mention a couple of things, sorry Davey. The timer now sounds an alarm at the end of a 45 minute break which is all well and good if you only want to take 45 but if you are taking longer and aiming a few zzzzzz’s at the cab roof it could wake you up when you don’t want waking. :wink: :smiley: It isn’t too loud or sounds for too long though, so If you stick it under a coat or something it should muffle it and maybe not wake you.

This version of the timer runs on a rechargeable battery, 12 or 24 volt charging and a battery meter or low battery warning might have been useful. I have just been sticking it on to charge once a week for 2 or 3 hours and that has been enough. Thinking about it, it may have a low battery warning but i haven’t let it get low enough to find out.

All in all it is a very good product and although it is more expensive than the previous version, when you consider the fact it will keep you 99.9% legal, which is more accurate than the tacho head is required to be, it is money well spent.

so no discount then :laughing: :laughing: £55 it is

wow avater is a bit big

teddy_0781:
wow avater is a bit big

And objectionable :laughing:

mrpj:

teddy_0781:
wow avater is a bit big

More like offensive :laughing: :wink:

Lucy:
Sorry Davey, but…

the RRP is £69.99 but increasing to £79.99 from April

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I too agree with you Lucy but Driver Time Solutions Limited are now the owners of the Hour Guard, I voiced my concerns but at the end of the day I am only responsible for Technical Support :frowning:

One thing I did point out is the fact that the few websites that have supported the Hour Guard over the past 4 years should still recieve discounts for their users, although nothing concrete has been set out and agreed I am determined to make sure that this still applies.

Basically the manufacturers were approached 14 months ago to manufacture this product, a budget was set and agreements made between me and the manufacturers, as everyone is well aware I had problems last year and Capitol Enterprises Ltd was put into voluntary liquidation, I agreed terms with Driver Time Solutions Ltd a company that was set up to take on the Hour Guard products, I have shares in the company and I’m employed by the company but I no longer have overall control at this present time.

Over the past 14 months Plastic has drastically risen in price, the US $ Dollar used to pay the chinese has fallen in value against the GBP £ making parts more expensive, the overall cost of the CE02 has risen by over 50% because additional features such as an EEPROM for storing the data costing £0.75 alone because of it’s memory capability along with the backlight EL paper costing over £0.70 each because of the size, Where originally the timer would have been larger components, SMT’s (Surface Mounted Transistors) have been used which are much smaller but more expensive allowing the case to be reduced in size reducing the overall plastic consumption, but at the end of the day a £10 increase seems exhorbitant but considering what the timers capabilities are, DTS Feel that £79.99 is still cheap. Bear in mind, 6 years ago the Tach Trak was selling at £65.00 :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ll put my Ex sellers hat on and state that everyone needs to consider the final outlet price, a product could cost £8.00 to import, you need to add your profit of say 35% to cover your costs thats £2.80 added to the value already, so I sell to a distributor at £10.80 + Vat he adds his profit margin of 35% We are now looking at the product costing £17.13 + Vat for the shopkeeper to buy, they ussually have a mark up of 35% so the price is now £27.18 + Vat making the final price around £31.92 Obviously if the sellers are Vat registered they claim the Vat back but at the end of the day, it is the final sellers not the original seller who make the most from the item. But if DTS were to sell them at the cheaper price which shops would stock them knowing they would not sell because the original suppliers were selling them cheaper :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I’ve just brought a DVD / TV / AV / Mpeg Player Combi back which all folds down into a small case complete with 8" Screen, operating on 12v I paid £105 in Hong Kong whereas in the UK Argos sell them minus the TV for £300 now bear in mind 35% profit what do you think Argos are paying for them, I would happily bet its less than £205 each as they buy direct from the same factory, and I bought mine at a shop who charge their profit.

At the end of the day I feel sales will be hit because of DTS’s decision but because of the discounts available to website users then I’m sure drivers talking in cafes will direct interested drivers to the likes of Tnet or simply tell them to quote Tnet etc when they phone to order.

Overall I as a driver would happily pay £79.99 for one of the New Hour Guards IF I had too but only because I have seen its full capabilities 1st hand complete with backlight etc.

killsville:

mrpj:

teddy_0781:
wow avater is a bit big

More like offensive :laughing: :wink:

best team around

teddy_0781:

Errmmmm to my reckoning your getting £14.99 Discount at £55 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Price in shop until end of April will be £69.99 come May the discount should still be there offering a £24.99 saving if I get my way :laughing:

Davey Driver:

teddy_0781:

Errmmmm to my reckoning your getting £14.99 Discount at £55 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Price in shop until end of April will be £69.99 come May the discount should still be there offering a £24.99 saving if I get my way :laughing:

no deal if i give u my old one

I have an old Hour Guard and would not go anywhere without it. At some point I will upgrade because I have seen the benefits.

But, I just cannot see the average driver forking out £60 to £80(depending where and when you buy it) when so many people I spoke to before thought the old one was at the top end of what they were prepared to pay.

But, I just cannot see the average driver forking out £60 to £80(depending where and when you buy it) when so many people I spoke to before thought the old one was at the top end of what they were prepared to pay.

That would be my concern. The old one did well because it was within the realms of what a driver might have in his pocket (as well as being a grand bit of kit). The new one is nearly a quarter of a weeks wages for some poeple, more for others (based on RRP), and that’s a lot of money for something which is mainly a labour saving device - especially when you remember that it isn’t actually the driver’s responsibility to keep track of his WTD hours, which is it’s major addition.

Helen who on ebay? would that be Helenjkent?.