Drivers Hour Guard - Ministry praised it! (DaveyDriver)

Hi all.

Yesterday, was pulled on a routine Ministry check, nice chap, checked lorry over, all ok, then jumped in passenger seat, to inspect tachos (all ok), then he noticed my drivers hour guard, on the dashboard. (All be it over 12mths old and looking in a sorry state)

The conversation went something like this-

Ministry Chap - What’s that drive?
Me - It’s a drivers hour guard.
Ministry Chap - Hows that work?

We then spent 15mins discussing the in & outs of the machine, me giving it the big thumbs up.

Ministry Chap - Well, I am impressed, can see from your tachos, it works, what happens when the batteries go flat?
Me - I refuse to drive! :open_mouth: :smiley: (only joking)

Anyway, to sum it up, the Ministry Chap, left with this websites address and highly praising The Drivers Hour Guard.

So Davey even the Minstry like your product, ohh and where can I get replacement batteries? My display is beginning to fade, when I push the buttons.

Regards

John

i reckon davey will send you TWO sets of batteries for the publicity cornish. he is bound to be that impressed… :wink:

Im still getting the hang of mine since Ive escaped the office and gone back out on the road :frowning: especially when Im starting my shift. Also Im still having to get into the habit of pressing the right button at the right moment, especially when setting off or when I stop and backed onto a bay to tip, so it records acurately

peirre .

I was the same, now it’s 2nd nature, you will soon get the hang of it & wonder why you never had one before.

John

I use/like the hour guard.

It’s a pity it doesn’t take into account the comments we all occasionally (and legally) write on the back of the card. The HG just shows “error”. Think mine would go under the seat if I get a roadside check and the HG hadn’t caught up!

cornish trucker:
where can I get replacement batteries? My display is beginning to fade, when I push the buttons.

You can call us on 0845 129 8592 and order a full set to be sent out to you via mail £1.50 inc P&P or any AAA batteries (Except Duracell) and the watch batteries are LR44 also known as AG13

I’ve heard from quite a few drivers that the ministry in Hull, Staffordshire and Carlisle dont bother checking all the Tacho Discs (In fact some dont even check them at all) when they see the Hour Guard on the Dash Board, also the Traffic Police in ■■■■■■■ tend to be less picky when they see the Hour Guard in use, I know they did actually purchase 6 as demo units 2 1\2 years ago when the timer first started to take off on the market.

peirre:
Im still getting the hang of mine since Ive escaped the office and gone back out on the road

Easiest way is to follow the following instructions,

On a morning when starting your shift:

Press Daily Rest 3 seconds

Press Compen Info 3 times

Press and hold Search Info 3 seconds to let it carry out the calculations

Press Compen Info 2 Times and then your into the next days Drive time, if doing other work just press other work button until your ready to set off driving.

The Above is for the Split shift Version, the sequence for the Version 1.00 Timer is 3, 2, 3,2 :wink: :wink:

Anyone who’s had a one for over 24 months will be getting the chance of a replacement one for £19.99 in March but dont broadcast it :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

ohterry555:
i reckon davey will send you TWO sets of batteries for the publicity cornish. he is bound to be that impressed… :wink:

he might even send you a new hour guard as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The only thing that’s let my hour-guard down so far is… ME… :smiley:

Remember… A Computer is only as clever as the muppet that’s using it… :wink:

But a great tool that’s become an essential part of my kit…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

I,m curious as to why not Duracell?.

Mine keeps resetting daily but i only have to use it for the 4.5 hour driving thing as i rarely drive more than 35 hours in a week so its due some batteries whne i get round to it.

jammymutt:
I,m curious as to why not Duracell?.

The Copper coloured top battery is a little higher than 1.5v which causes a slight overload on the processor, I aint got a clue why as I understood the Processor to be a 3v + or - 1.0v power range.

We had a spate of complaints when the timer was first launched where new batteries were being put in, and the timer wouldn’t work, it was found to always be Duracell that had been used as replacements.

No Damage was done to the timer, it just would not work, so we advise against their use, we now get the odd calls off some drivers who say that their timer works on Duracell :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

So even though it says on the instructions not to use Duracell, some still ignore it :unamused: :smiling_imp:

And remember to change the mode switch over on the tacho. If your used to doing one action, then it’s dead easy to forget :unamused: :blush: :wink: .

I put Duracell in mine last week and it seems happy enough — the old batteries didn’t like the cold mornings when the HG had been left in the cab overnight.

One question that’s more than likely been answered a million times before, what’s the orange light bar thing all about — it doesn’t seem to do anything?

Would a 1.2v rechargable not work either?

spaceman:
the old batteries didn’t like the cold mornings when the HG had been left in the cab overnight.

That’s more to do with the screen not liking the cold, most things with screens, mobile phones, laptops, PDAs etc act the same way when the temperature drops.

Andyroo:
Would a 1.2v rechargable not work either?

No heres my tale.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6898

ohh and where can I get replacement batteries? My display is beginning to fade, when I push the buttons.
where everyone in cornwall shops

TRAGO

spaceman:
what’s the orange light bar thing all about — it doesn’t seem to do anything?

LOL… :smiley: :smiley:

When I fisrt opened mine, I thought WOW I bet this lights up… :slight_smile: But it didn’t… :frowning:

I’ve vowed to fit a coupe of extra LED’s to it tho, so it does… :laughing: (once the warranty has expired of course… :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: )

There’s a thought for the next one Davey… You could have a ‘long life’ version, and a ‘Bling’ flashin multi-coloured one for those of us that prefer a gadget’s appearance over useage… :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

(PS- No offense meant by calling it a gadget all the time… I know it’s a valuable tool, but with a screen and buttons it comes under the ‘chrisie’ terminology of GADGET… :wink: )

hitch wrote

TRAGO

Ahhhhh!Scared 1

I avoid that place at all costs :smiley:

Hurry up with my order Davey, :wink: kick your suppliers up the behind, can’t wait to get my new toy and ensure i’m legal :smiley: