The highs n lows

well, from being busy and earning some decent money for the last seven months on steel, it seems that the backside might have fell out of the job!
a combination of one of the mills shutting down at the end of july which gave the artic lads plenty of work and the brightbar side going very steady has seen me do two load this week and at the mo only one for next, which is on monday. unless the steelworks can find some other work for the artics which is highly unlikely they’ll be staying on brightbar and i’ll be left well short of work. can’t knock the firm who’ve been brilliant with me, but they’ve obviousley got to keep their own wagons running first.
so maybe looking for something else in the near future, just glad i’ve not spent up on a new wagon for the job.

Sory to hear about this mate, don’t wait for it to bite you on the arse Paul start looking around now.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed it works out ok for you mate

Good luck paul and I hope everything
works out for you :smiley:

richiessex:
Sory to hear about this mate, don’t wait for it to bite you on the arse Paul start looking around now.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed it works out ok for you mate

thanks lads,

got to see the month out to see how it works out but think maybe i’ll have to go onto artic to open my options, one thing, i’m in a far better position to start something new than i was seven months ago when i was potless and it would’ve been a real strugle taking something on sixty days.
i could just stand it for a few months but having done that with a crane wagon i learnt a hard lesson, i.e if the wagons not out earning four/five days a week your not making it pay.

Hope everything works out Paul, and hope you get some work sorted soon, keep us informed. :slight_smile:

well the news is good, corus have agreed some new work for the artic boys starting monday so everything should be back to normal at least for the next four months until the contracts are up for renewal which everyone seems to think we’re in the driving seat for at the mo, be nice as it’s a five year joby so i’m crossing me fingers.