The exodus has started

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7159013.stm

Well it’s bound to happen, with the poles coming over here and the jobs going over there, 2008 could be interesting :confused:

It was only a matter of time.

The Creda/Indesit plant in Stoke shut on the 21st with the loss of 500+ jobs, production is being moved to…Poland!

There has to be openings there for disgruntled Brits.

Good luck to him. !! lol

Wonder if they’ll put up road signs in English for him? :wink:

Melchett:
It was only a matter of time.

The Creda/Indesit plant in Stoke shut on the 21st with the loss of 500+ jobs, production is being moved to…Poland!

There has to be openings there for disgruntled Brits.

Same thing happening here - Electrolux is closing next year and moving production to poland - even the poles are getting the bullet :open_mouth:

Check out the prices in Bulgaria, megga cheap. My only reservation is understanding/learning the language. The people are sociable,friendly too. There comes a point when you can sit back and whinge or get out and about like everyone else, and thats where i’m looking at going.

I have already done it, just completing the house and after a few work commitments here thats that. Reading that news item the reason the guy have moved to Poland is because he has met someone who is Polish and that is really the only way I think, I can not imagine say an English family upsticks and move to Poland. I have had plenty of friends and family visit us and love the place, but then they have not had to get up and build a fire in-16 degrees and then get to work on untreated roads.

There is no British part were Brits meet, when I am there I eat Polish food and live a Polish life, Harry will tell you about the food… I met my now wife while i was working in Denmark and used to visit her in Poland once a month, it was some time before I thought this was a place I could live in as oppose to just visiting. That moment arrive while sat outside in a tin bath one morning, thinking blimey this is a bit primitive, then a second later thinking, no this is perfect.

Plus points for me: We have nearly built a 4 bedroomed house on the wage my wife earns working in a restaurant in Keighley for the past 2 years, we can go to Poland next year with no debt, no mortgage. I find Polish people respectful and friendly, I love the countryside, Krakow is under 2 hours away, a beautiful city and the Tatra mountains 3 hours away. The food is great, the summers long and warm, when I am there I am relaxed and happy.

If I had not met my Polish wife then I would not be able to live in Poland, you do need a Polish person close, its a very different way of living.

I have heard in places like Warsaw were foreigners have bought apartments that are priced out of range for Poles there are problems regards people moving to Poland, I have been completely accepted in our village as my wife is from the same place, I think if you moved in with your family with no connection to the place it would be a different reaction

drew128:
I have already done it, just completing the house and after a few work commitments here thats that. Reading that news item the reason the guy have moved to Poland is because he has met someone who is Polish and that is really the only way I think, I can not imagine say an English family upsticks and move to Poland. I have had plenty of friends and family visit us and love the place, but then they have not had to get up and build a fire in-16 degrees and then get to work on untreated roads.

There is no British part were Brits meet, when I am there I eat Polish food and live a Polish life, Harry will tell you about the food… I met my now wife while i was working in Denmark and used to visit her in Poland once a month, it was some time before I thought this was a place I could live in as oppose to just visiting. That moment arrive while sat outside in a tin bath one morning, thinking blimey this is a bit primitive, then a second later thinking, no this is perfect.

Plus points for me: We have nearly built a 4 bedroomed house on the wage my wife earns working in a restaurant in Keighley for the past 2 years, we can go to Poland next year with no debt, no mortgage. I find Polish people respectful and friendly, I love the countryside, Krakow is under 2 hours away, a beautiful city and the Tatra mountains 3 hours away. The food is great, the summers long and warm, when I am there I am relaxed and happy.

If I had not met my Polish wife then I would not be able to live in Poland, you do need a Polish person close, its a very different way of living.

I have heard in places like Warsaw were foreigners have bought apartments that are priced out of range for Poles there are problems regards people moving to Poland, I have been completely accepted in our village as my wife is from the same place, I think if you moved in with your family with no connection to the place it would be a different reaction

Good for you Drew,somebody who respects the difference’s and doesn’t wanna turn it into a “Little Britain”