The End Of The World Is Nigh

Reef:
Oh great so then the Office muppets win then coz all along they’ve assumed that were only meant to have 9 hrs off a night…

They don’t really win because there are no changes to the number of reduced rests you can take, or be asked to take. That stays exactly the same as before - three. It will also now be harder to split a rest, far less chance of getting a full 3 hour period in than it was getting two periods to total the 4 hours. Also when you do split a rest period you have to take longer than before for the final part of the split.

i am so glad i dont have to adhere to the rules :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:
Weekly Rest. must be 45 hours but can be reduced at home or away to 24 hours. Compensation must be taken before the end of 3rd week.

4th week. It is before the end of the 3rd week FOLLOWING the reduction. For example, the end of the 3rd week following week one is week four. There is no change there, it has been like that under the current rules.

oops :blush: I knew you would help me if I made an arse of myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:
Weekly Rest. must be 45 hours but can be reduced at home or away to 24 hours. Compensation must be taken before the end of 3rd week.

4th week. It is before the end of the 3rd week FOLLOWING the reduction. For example, the end of the 3rd week following week one is week four. There is no change there, it has been like that under the current rules.

:confused: so if I’m reading that right :confused: :wink: I can in the 4 wk period do 2 X 24 weekly rests, then compensate on the 4th for both, so making an 87hr w/end :smiley: sounds good.

skorpio:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

:confused: so if I’m reading that right :confused: :wink: I can in the 4 wk period do 2 X 24 weekly rests, then compensate on the 4th for both, so making an 87hr w/end :smiley: sounds good.

Yes, but you would have to do the 24’s on weeks 1 and 3, the full 45 on week 2 and the long weekend to compensate on week 4. It would have to be done in that order as you cannot do consecutive reduced weekly rest periods.

There is no change to when compensation for reduced weekly rests has to be taken under the new rules, it is exactly as it has been under the rules that end today. The only changes to weekly rest in the new rules are reduced weekly rest down to 24 hours is no longer limited to away from base and you must now take a full weekly rest at least once every two weeks.

Coffeeholic:
There is no change to when compensation for reduced weekly rests has to be taken under the new rules, it is exactly as it has been under the rules that end today.

almost the same :wink: now the compensation has to be added to a break of at least 9hrs instead of at least 8hrs :sunglasses:

Coffeeholic:

peirre:
but why do the change over in the middle of the week when the tacho week runs mon-sun?

Because it was always intended that the new regulations would come into force exactly one year after they were published

fair nuff

Denis F:

Coffeeholic:
There is no change to when compensation for reduced weekly rests has to be taken under the new rules, it is exactly as it has been under the rules that end today.

almost the same :wink: now the compensation has to be added to a break of at least 9hrs instead of at least 8hrs :sunglasses:

No not almost the same. When it has to have been taken by hasn’t changed so that would make it exactly the same. Adding it to at least 9 hours instead of 8 isn’t when, it’s how. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

It’s been quite funny over the last few weeks reading and listening to drivers complaining about changes that the new rules are bringing in, that aren’t in fact changes but are things that are in the existing rules and aren’t changing. I was listening to a driver last week complaining long and loud about the fact that under the new rules you can split your daily rest and the gaffer will expect them to start doing that and it’s not fair and it’s his ball and he isn’t going to play anymore, and, and, and… :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: