The drivers cpc- a few quick questions?

Can somebody please give me the answer or possibly advice :blush:

I might have a possible start with a southern irish company but the boss has asked if i have done the cpc, i havent yet as i didn’t think it needed doing till sept 2014 at the latest. I would be falling under acquired rights so only need the 7 hrs classroom bollix, but I’m wondering if I did it in the uk would that be acceptable in ireland seeing as my licence is with the dvla. My goodness I’m not doing the best at putting this into words :cry: I guess the question i’m asking is will i need to do one in ireland as well as the uk or will the one be all i need ? thanks

boot the headlight:
Can somebody please give me the answer or possibly advice :blush:

I might have a possible start with a southern irish company but the boss has asked if i have done the cpc, i havent yet as i didn’t think it needed doing till sept 2013 at the latest. I would be falling under acquired rights so only need the 7 hrs classroom bollix, but I’m wondering if I did it in the uk would that be acceptable in ireland seeing as my licence is with the dvla. My goodness I’m not doing the best at putting this into words :cry:

Yes you can do it in the UK, it can be done wherever the licence is held or where the driver works normally. You need to complete your 35 hours classroom time before 10th September 2014

Thanks Wheel nut much appreciated wasn’t sure if the RSA would need one separate to the DSA.

Your driver CPC will be valid throughout Europe when you have completed it. You can do the course in the UK and when you get your driver card it is valid anywhere in the EU, including Southern Ireland. Hope that helps. :smiley: :smiley:

tiger65:
Your driver CPC will be valid throughout Europe when you have completed it. You can do the course in the UK and when you get your driver card it is valid anywhere in the EU, including Southern Ireland.

I’m sure it will be valid all over the Republic of Ireland rather than just round Cork, Waterford and Killarney. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

tiger65:
Your driver CPC will be valid throughout Europe when you have completed it. You can do the course in the UK and when you get your driver card it is valid anywhere in the EU, including Southern Ireland.

I’m sure it will be valid all over the Republic of Ireland rather than just round Cork, Waterford and Killarney. :wink:

My dear Coffeholic - what the devil would you be implying there dear chap… :wink: :wink: :wink:

tiger65:

Coffeeholic:

tiger65:

My dear Coffeholic - what the devil would you be implying there dear chap… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Not implying anything, just pointing out that Southern Ireland is an area of a country rather than a country itself and I don’t think the CPC will only be valid in certain parts of a country.

Maybe one of the modules for the CPC should cover Geography? :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

tiger65:

Coffeeholic:

tiger65:

Not implying anything, just pointing out that Southern Ireland is an area of a country rather than a country itself and I don’t think the CPC will only be valid in certain parts of a country.

Perhaps a better reference would be to the European country of Eire, do you think? :laughing:

tiger65:

Coffeeholic:

tiger65:

Coffeeholic:

tiger65:

Perhaps a better reference would be to the European country of Eire, do you think? :laughing:

Eire, Republic of Ireland, both are good.