Jobs for N. Ireland

As Switchlogic tells me most of the euro jobs are with Irish firms
But they seam to want you to have a CPC/ DQC card which i dont have
I was wondering if there are a lot of hauilers doing euro work in N. Ierland as they porobally wont need a CPC

Thanks
Batista230

well they will need you to get one eventually as its in the UK.
how long have you had your licence?
doesn’t it make a difference on when you need to take the DCPC depending on when you passed?

As far as I know I dont have to have one untill 2014
Luke tells me its the law in Ierland

luke said drivers with irish licences have to do 1 day a year but as you have a UK licence its not an issue

Luke said they dont understand all this (UK regs)
And will probaly insist on the CPC anyway
all the webs site with jobs up in Ierland quote
“must be up to date with CPC”

every time you ask about working for the irish you keep telling us what it says on the website, pick up the bloody phone man and ask them, they certainly do know the regs as they are not uk regs they are EU.
if you don’t ask you’ll never know, they might like the fact that you’re looking for work and decide to take you on over the phone, it does happen

switchlogic:
No I don’t and not many of our UK drivers do but it took one a lot of effort to make the company realise we don’t need them yet. It’s easier for any company to apply the rules of their own country to all employees

He said it would be hard convincing them

Do you have a CPC? W.B.

Batista230:
Do you have a CPC? W.B.

what difference does it make if i have or haven’t? its called something different in spain and i have to do my 35 hours before a different date depending on the last number on my NIE.
if you’re looking for euro work and want to work for the irish just ring them up rather than worrying about who has or who hasn’t already got something that you haven’t got either.
it seems like you keep finding barriers to stop getting a job before you’ve even applied, if you don’t ask you won’t know

Now I know your not keen on these internet jobs but im only quoting what they say

Most compnies I have worked for in the past insist you have a drivers assesment with them
before you work for them
just to see if you can drive the truck of cource
Do they do the same hear

Some of your other posts you said thing like ‘tel them what they want to hear over the phone’
What kind of things would that be what kind of experence do they want?

Think I will have to sell my van first before I phone anyone up
As I wont be able to sell it when im on the other side of europe

What about ‘willi betz’ do they employ foren drivers?

Batista, are you for real? You have been given advice yet you keep coming back asking the same stupid questions. You are coming across as a prize plank.

I think he is taking the proverbial guys, he has a few posts on here going over the same stuff!!
The script is, Get a list of Irish and N Irish companies, call them 1 by 1 whether they are advertising or not.
Any questions they ask will be straight forward, answer them!!! Be economical with the truth if you feel they may have something. The Irish work compltely different from UK based hauilers, they won’t waste your time bringing you over for an interview, they will and usually take you on merit and what info you give them over the phone,
Example: Hello Boyle transport, Hi my name is Grigor I was calling to enquire if you have any vacancies at the moment?.. What experience do you have? I have worked for blah blah and blah, I have run France, Italy Swiss, Spain NL GDR etc with fridge euroliner etc. Add or subtract as much as you want here, the more you make it sound good the better for you. How long have you held your licence… 2 years or whatever.
Are you available? YES pick up truck and get to work.
Its as easy as that. If you say the things they want to hear and if they have the work there at the time you call. Its a question of being in the right place at the right time.
OH and a message to the OP if i were you i wouldnt fill out a cv if you do then you have no chance!!!
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
as for your questions on the CPC, you hold a UK licence and as such don’t need one until 2014 no matter which country or company you work for

Next your going to tell me they wont even want to see my driving licnece

GBPub:
Batista, are you for real? You have been given advice yet you keep coming back asking the same stupid questions. You are coming across as a prize plank.

and I thought it was just me :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bigsidney:
fridge euroliner etc.

euroliner thats just a curtain sider wright!
I have driven fridge vans a few times and there was not much to it then press a button and print ticket out of temprature for customer
But not a fridge 40’ trailer
Are there any hidden responsibilities and skills needed to oporate a frige tailer
I would hate to get the job and find out i cant do it coz I told hime a load of bull

Batista230:

bigsidney:
fridge euroliner etc.

euroliner thats just a curtain sider wright!
I have driven fridge vans a few times and there was not much to it then press a button and print ticket out of temprature for customer
But not a fridge 40’ trailer
Are there any hidden responsibilities and skills needed to oporate a frige tailer
I would hate to get the job and find out i cant do it coz I told hime a load of bull

A Euroliner is a curtainsider with boards in the sides, similar to a tilt. They also have a sliding canvas roof so it can also be opened to load / unload by crane.
Fridge trailers are the same as rigid fridge motors, only bigger. They have their own diesel engine which powers the fridge unit independent of the unit. You need to know how to turn it on or off, how to switch between the different modes, how to adjust the temperature, where to fuel it and how to switch over to mains electric power. There are also quite a few ‘tricks of the trade’ of being a reefer man. Learning these means keeping your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut until you have a pertinent question to ask of the right person.

But, ifyou want to go for a specific job, Fridge, ask fo advice on fridges many guys on here have experience and if yo ask they will give advice, Euroliners are same as curtain, the job is not rocket science. But it seems to me you are trying to find fault or ways out, I went to boyle via a phonecall and I had the experience to go with it, and no he took me at my word along wth Barry Dempsey, I never needed to show my licence. Boyle works as long as the motor is moving and earning and you are doing the job he will pretty much let you get on with it and give you no hassle. If you do manage to get on this type of work there are guys like myself and Simon who if you meet on boats or on the road will give you pointers and any advice you need. There is still a little bit of cameraderie amongst drivers doing Euro work and will tell you best routes, stopping places etc as you go along you will pick it up. If you do get on with someone then make sure if on A euroliner/curtain that you secure your load as Krauts can and do give big fines for insecure loads.
Good Luck

bigsidney:
as for your questions on the CPC, you hold a UK licence and as such don’t need one until 2014 no matter which country or company you work for

Not quite right Sidney, you wont get a job here in France , with a French company, unless you get their own equivalent of the DCPC, known as the F.I.M.O. which has been going since 1997 (ish)

You mean you keep your mounth shut with the boss and ask other drivers in the lorry parks est.

bigsidney:
I went to boyle via a phonecall and I had the experience to go with it, and no he took me at my word along wth Barry Dempsey, I never needed to show my licence. Boyle works as long as the motor is moving and earning and you are doing the job he will pretty much let you get on with it and give you no hassle.
Good Luck

Did you get done?

Batty, do everyone a favour and go and annoy another forum as your posts are now getting irritating. Makes it worse that people are still falling for it and offering more advice.