That sinking feeling!

Just a post for other peoples experience’s on getting stuck off road in there wagon’s.

Yesterday i fell for the old line of “yeh mate that ground is well solid,10 ton of ■■■■■■■■ under there…” anyway in the quest for perfect customer satisfaction i rolled on to the rough ground…" :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: " i went straight down. got some cracking photo’s on my phone. anway i exhausted all attemps to get it out but had to result to getting a proper recovery rig out to lift and drag it from the site. I also have to give my boss his due as he was fine about it considering a £500 recovery bill in the post. once bitten, twice shy as they say, i’ve only been driving a year now and this is the first time this has happened so i’ll put this down to experience.

Any other good storie’s out there??

alan4400:
Just a post for other peoples experience’s on getting stuck off road in there wagon’s.

Yesterday i fell for the old line of “yeh mate that ground is well solid,10 ton of ■■■■■■■■ under there…” anyway in the quest for perfect customer satisfaction i rolled on to the rough ground…" :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: " i went straight down. got some cracking photo’s on my phone. anway i exhausted all attemps to get it out but had to result to getting a proper recovery rig out to lift and drag it from the site. I also have to give my boss his due as he was fine about it considering a £500 recovery bill in the post. once bitten, twice shy as they say, i’ve only been driving a year now and this is the first time this has happened so i’ll put this down to experience.

Hey Alan…dont worry about it…I get stuck everyday mate in the coal pits…people would pay good money to do what I do…rally driving in a big truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bully

alan4400:

Hmm. Lets see. I was in a 4x4 truck, reversed it onto grass to turn around on a bank and the 4x4 bit stopped working.

Working last week up near Goole a customer wanted me to setup on a bit of grass for access, drove on (alas no pictures) and up to axles in soft grass. It seemed OK when I walked on it :frowning: Took a tracked tractor to pull me off, their 4x4 John Dere humungous tractor couldn’t manage it :frowning:

Although on the bright side I’ve managed to pull a stricken 4 axle hiab rigid out the schtuk before. He’d just delivered a genny and with the weight now off his drive axle (2nd from the rear) it was just spinning. Was quite surprised that worked ok, but a gentle tug with a chain sorted it out…

I’ve had a van stuck in a ditch in Portsmouth area when a truck tried to squeeze past, and I went too far over, but I bribed a local farmer with some of my supplies to get me out :wink: :slight_smile:

All with loads of different jobs…

I was at a Towcester Races end of last year, two of us there with the filming and the other truck was working well off the road on grass. Then it rained.

Took all of my spreader boards and his to get off. As in, when he let the back wheels down on the boards they split :frowning: But he got off the mud, and it was too rushed to use me camera :frowning: :frowning:

Other, erm, employees have made a pigs ear of it too in the past…

You are not alone. Join the club :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Forget trucks.
I once got a bus stuck though. finished a rural run & then had to go onto a contract at a local company, so rather than drive the long way round I decided to turn round in a field gateway. OK I will admit it was a little tight, narrow lanes & all that & I did have to go a little further back than possibly was sensible, but how was I to know there was a zb ing great plough furrow around the edge of the field & thus across the gateway ?, I mean who ever heard of farmers ploughing fields !!!.
I got it out, but I only just got it out.
One of the other drivers being a nice helpful chap drove onto a harvested field when he met a Fire engine, or that was his excuse for why he was driving on a field whilst off route & yes you’ve guessed it, he got stuck whilst doing a U turn.

I assume you’ve seen my tail of getting stuck in a field then?

alan4400:
Yesterday i fell for the old line of "yeh mate that ground is well solid,10 ton of ■■■■■■■■ under there…

Perfectly normal mate, Dennis F will tell you a tale or two I’m sure (he’s on Livestock) farmers are lethal!
Some of my favourites from when I ran a triple deck sheep trailer.

I can get my tractor under the bridge! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Theres ■■■■■■■■ under there!!! (Yours.), very popular.

The milk tanker can get round! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Oh and my old favourite situation is when traction feels ok so you load and the weight of 500 spring lambs sinks you deep enough to send a post card from china! :cry:

Well your boss wont mind cos he will pass the bill onto the customer :laughing: :laughing: :wink: