That nasty carriageway bend

Does anyone know where the motorway or dual carriageway is…with the nasty bend on it…or is it that some people r just blind■■?

What the hell do u need your main beam on 4■■?

To be honest with u it’s not even that…It’s your main beam put it on if u want…but please switch it off when a vehicle is coming the opposite way…or at least when the opposing vehicle flashes to indicate…your beam is actually travelling across the carriageway…blinding them a bit…
Switch it off…and keep it of…don’t turn it back on…when your only half way…in the passing process…get the hell by first…
Also don’t be the clever ■■■■…who leaves them on…even though the other vehicle has now left theirs on just to blind u also…then switches them off when u just pass…(that one i will never work out)…
But most importantly…leaving them on premanently…no matter what the other opposing vehicle indicates…to try and get u to turn them off…is the most dumbest…

Just another ■■■■ day (or night) of idiot car drivers…on the A34…Actually 80% were fine…just the normal dim few…but they tick u off silly…with their silliness…

I know people i have been whinging for the last 2 days…
(and my driving is certainly not perfect…driving home 40 miles this morning…i can only say it was shockingly bad :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:…but at least i can put that down to tiredness…and i know when i’ve done wrong )
…but some drivers…r really on planet no common-sense…they just don’t recognise…obviously stupid things…and then if u have an accident with them…they want to argue the toss with ya…

Saw this one ■■■■ fool this morning on the A43 about 4.30am…broken down in the middle of the inside lane…with no hazards on…just His/Her lights…so u come running up behind…thinking this vehicle is travelling but going pretty slow…till u notice your catching up pretty ■■■■ fast…cos it’s stopped…

There may not have been any real traffic about…but it only takes a tired driver…or two vehicles running parallel…and splat…had to stop at the M1 services and call the police…was going to ignore it and leave the driver to their own fate…but why should someones else’s day be sploit!!!

Eh?

Supersmiley, do you mean the M5 near Brum, or what? Yes, those people are a pain in the arse, I know. I’ve done plenty of night driving myself and still do. I think it is getting worse (as well as those with their fog lights, aaaarrrrrghh).

U r right, they can spoil your day (or night for that matter).

SuperSmiley:
Does anyone know where the motorway or dual carriageway is…with the nasty bend on it…or is it that some people r just blind■■?

What the hell do u need your main beam on 4■■?

It’s not just nasty bends - there could be pedestrians in the road, loose animals, an accident, or possibly…

SuperSmiley:
Saw this one ■■■■ fool this morning on the A43 about 4.30am…broken down in the middle of the inside lane…with no hazards on…just His/Her lights…so u come running up behind…thinking this vehicle is travelling but going pretty slow…till u notice your catching up pretty ■■■■ fast…cos it’s stopped…

…a broken down car.

IMHO, it’s not a problem of people using main beam, just those not turning them off when there’s traffic on the opposite carriageway.

Sorry people i just came home tired and was ranting on…should have just gone to bed instead…

What i was really on about…was there being no nasty bends…on motorways or dual carriageways…or major hazards…unlike country lanes…so why do people feel the need for using their main beam lights…and when they do they don’t use them properly…just blind the driver coming in the opposite direction…

SuperSmiley:
What i was really on about…was there being no nasty bends…on motorways or dual carriageways…or major hazards…

Yes, I understood what you meant, but you’re wrong about there being no major hazards.

I agree that there are no major hazards if the road is clear, but there could be any number of “temporary” hazards (pedestrians, animals, accidents, debris, etc.) just outside the range of your dipped lights.

IMHO, a good driver would use main beam on a dual carriageway/motorway as long as it doesn’t dazzle other users, since it gives them more advanced warning of any hazard in the road.

Ok Mr Fibble i accept your point…but quoting myself…

It’s your main beam put it on if u want…but please switch it off when a vehicle is coming the opposite way

So essentially we agree…

Sounds to me Super Smiley as if you are toooooooo highly strung to be a truck driver

or possibly you just like to hear the clickety click click of your own keyboard. A bit like a teenager actually that goes on and on about nothing at all but everyone else is at fault.

Any idea how annoying it is reading your posts with all the dots, don’t think I’ll bother reading them anymore.

I use main beam on the dark deserted motorway and A road sections of the motorway . I,ll also give main beam a flash if i see hazard lights on in the distance and it is too dark to see so as to give me a good idea of what is going on up there .

Willy Gofar…what the hell do i care if u read my post or not…■■?

SuperSmiley:
Willy Gofar…what the hell do i care if u read my post or not…■■?

Save ur dots - I don’t think Willy Gofar will be back on this thread :smiley:

Its interesting, in a bean counting kinda way, to note the member join dates and the number of posts made. RobK has competition :smiley:

We’ve all been the victims of the “high beamers” (and the rest). You’re not gonna change it - . most of us just get on with it in a “so be it” sorta way. Why get urself so worked up? You need good blood pressure levels to renew ur licence :wink:

Btw — all those dots are more irritating than an occasional high beam
:slight_smile:

spaceman:
Its interesting, in a bean counting kinda way, to note the member join dates and the number of posts made. RobK has competition :smiley:

:confused: :question: :question:

I agree with supersmiley. I mean, the other night I was driving up the A1 north and about 3 times I had car drivers actually turn their main beams ON when I was perfectly in sight of them. What thought process actually makes somebody do that? I mean its bad enough leaving them on from when they weren’t in view. To actually turn them on when they’re still 400 yrds away is just stupidity.

I started a similar thread a while back. Click here to see it.