For all you blinkered drivers!

Can you please read the highway code regarding joining a motorway!
Driving on the motorway
rule 259
Joining the motorway. When you join the motorway you will normally approach it from a road on the left (a slip road) or from an adjoining motorway. You should give priority to traffic already on the motorway !!

Now as you can see rule 1…

It is not up to me to move over and when i do show some bloody courtesy do not do the same speed as me , do not pin me in the middle lane, do not expect me to move over, do not hide round your stupid curtain that you bought for £200 at truckfest . Drivers like you and you know who you are make me SICK! And you give us all a bloody bad name on the road !! You are the same drivers that can only drive your truck flat out no matter what ! And another thing when you go down hill you think it is hysterical to then under take me ■■ then sit back at 88 kph or whatever.

I have an idea you lamers… when you are being overtaken just ease off for maybee 2 or 3 seconds,let the truck over take, flash him or her in and everybody will be happy…
You gain nothing by "double laning “” Apart from ■■■■■■■ everybody off behind !

I am just asking for a little just a little bit of common decency thats all !!

Sorry to rant …

Love jim ■■

ps The Stobby Driver @ junct 18 M1 1835 last night it is mainly directed at you!
BTW …That Bluetooth ear piece you were wearing looks ridiculous who do you think you are Jack Bauer with the Henry Kissenger on Line 2 ? [zb]!!

It is not up to me to move over and when i do show some bloody courtesy do not

auto censor dodge removed…coling

OOOO i get the impresion he annoyed you. :smiley:

BINGO!!!

Thanks Jim, Saved me a rant!

well said that man, just what i think every day

jimboy124:
Driving on the motorway
rule 259
Joining the motorway. When you join the motorway you will normally approach it from a road on the left (a slip road) or from an adjoining motorway. You should give priority to traffic already on the motorway !!

It is not up to me to move over and when i do show some bloody courtesy do not do the same speed as me , do not pin me in the middle lane, do not expect me to move over, do not hide round your stupid curtain that you bought for £200 at truckfest . Drivers like you and you know who you are make me SICK! And you give us all a bloody bad name on the road !! You are the same drivers that can only drive your truck flat out no matter what ! And another thing when you go down hill you think it is hysterical to then under take me ■■ then sit back at 88 kph or whatever.

I have an idea you lamers… when you are being overtaken just ease off for maybee 2 or 3 seconds,let the truck over take, flash him or her in and everybody will be happy…

Sorry to rant …

Love jim ■■

ps The Stobby Driver @ junct 18 M1 1835 last night it is mainly directed at you!
BTW …That Bluetooth ear piece you were wearing looks ridiculous who do you think you are Jack Bauer with the Henry Kissenger on Line 2 ? [zb]!!

so did you manage to overtake him? I am pleased you did not say every truck driver is like that.

I have had experienced the same thing and no doubt 100’s others on this forum have, and you feel inclined to move back in especially if you know their is a downward slop approaching, M11 is another motorway where that is common driver tries to over take but other drive just dipps the clutch to reach 60 then you run out of puff the other side mean while holding up half of essex.

auto censor dodge removed from quote.:wink:…colingl

jimboy124:
Driving on the motorway
rule 259

Sorry to rant …

Love jim ■■

quality rant :smiley:

7/10

loss of 3 points for the apology at the end :confused:

auto censor dodge removed from quote.:unamused: …colingl

this must be in the induction at stobarts. had one joining the m6 at jct 18 the other nite i was stupid enough to move over to let him join he left me sat beside him until jct 19 were it was down to one lane (inside lane only) total pleb

You can’t just go moving over without taking several things into consideration first. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Is the joining truck overly shiny, especially in the wheel and tank department? If so the driver has far too much times on his hands and doesn’t need you to move over and save him a few seconds. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

2. Does the joining truck have an excessive amount of, more than 2, extra spot lamps? If it does you cannot move over because if it is dark your risk having your retinas seared as they flash you in as soon as you are 3 centimetres clear, and will continue to flash when you decide 3 centimetres are just not enough. Whether it is night or day there is another issue. I for one do not want to be part of the driver gaining ■■■■■■ pleasure from the opportunity to flash so many lights because I moved over, it must be a ■■■ thing as they do love to flash those lights. I would just feel cheap and dirty, especially if I haven’t even been bought dinner first. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

3. Is the driver of the joining vehicle wearing a Hi-Viz while driving? No explanation necessary for this one as you obviously will not be moving over. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Pass those three things and I’ll move over if possible. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

gazwrf:
this must be in the induction at stobarts. had one joining the m6 at jct 18 the other nite i was stupid enough to move over to let him join he left me sat beside him until jct 19 were it was down to one lane (inside lane only) total pleb

I rest my case …

Coffeeholic:
You can’t just go moving over without taking several things into consideration first. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Is the joining truck overly shiny, especially in the wheel and tank department? If so the driver has far too much times on his hands and doesn’t need you to move over and save him a few seconds. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

2. Does the joining truck have an excessive amount of, more than 2, extra spot lamps? If it does you cannot move over because if it is dark your risk having your retinas seared as they flash you in as soon as you are 3 centimetres clear, and will continue to flash when you decide 3 centimetres are just not enough. Whether it is night or day there is another issue. I for one do not want to be part of the driver gaining ■■■■■■ pleasure from the opportunity to flash so many lights because I moved over, it must be a ■■■ thing as they do love to flash those lights. I would just feel cheap and dirty, especially if I haven’t even been bought dinner first. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

3. Is the driver of the joining vehicle wearing a Hi-Viz while driving? No explanation necessary for this one as you obviously will not be moving over. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Pass those three things and I’ll move over if possible. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

with those extra head lights (some have 8 or more) i assume TO and VOSA can pull them for having a head light out - well they just creating more work for them selves. :laughing: :laughing:

i dont tend to move over for anybody, ill move for a truck if i can see im clearly going alot faster than him, i NEVER move over for a car thats crawling onto the motorway from a slip road because they can and should be able to get faster tha 50 onto the motorway. i will sit on their tail ends if they do decide to crawl onto the motorway at 50 infront of me, but they usually then stick the welly down once they get onto the motorway.

WHY CANT YOU BLOODY WELL SPEED UP ON THE FLAMING SLIP ROAD!!!

they have to be careful though. if they touch the hard shoulder the world will come to an end :smiley:

pecjam23:

Coffeeholic:

with those extra head lights (some have 8 or more) i assume TO and VOSA can pull them for having a head light out - well they just creating more work for them selves. :laughing: :laughing:

Yep if its fitted and aint working your pulled lol
and if its not on an indipendent switch ur gonna get a bigger fine the lighting regs allow a pair of spots and a pair of fogs
all additional lighting must work independently

Thats exactly why I dont move out into the middle lane any more. Got fed up with being left in the middle lane by both car and truck drivers!

I just love the Transit van drivers (other van makes are available) who run out of slip road and then run down the hard shoulder for a few hundred yards :unamused: muppets

Oh god yeah thats just reminded me i had an artic bulk tipper do it on the M25 a couple of months ago too and when he eventually joined behind and then overtook me (could only do 52 in old firms trucks) he gave it all the air horns and coffee beans gestures thing was i had a foriegner on my offside and then a coach on his offside at the time (4 lanes see) so where the [zb] was i meant to go exactly… Bloody door handle :imp:

nick2008:

pecjam23:

Coffeeholic:

Yep if its fitted and aint working your pulled lol
and if its not on an indipendent switch ur gonna get a bigger fine the lighting regs allow a pair of spots and a pair of fogs
all additional lighting must work independently

not entirely true, auxillery lighting (i.e. spot lights on bars) does not have to work for an MoT, if if does work, then it must not come on when the lights are switched on.

you are correct about the working independantly part though :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Like Shaggy said, "IT WASN’T ME!!!

jimboy124:
Driving on the motorway
rule 259

Sorry to rant …

Love jim ■■

auto censor dodge removed…coling

I didn’t get MY curtains from Truckfest and they cost alot more than 200 quid.
If I want to sit behind them surely it’s my choice. I will give way to the truck if he/she has let me out.
Don’t tar everyone with the same brush!

As for other comment about too much time on our hands if the diesel tank is shiny.
It has nothing to do with that at all. It is called taking pride in our vehicles. Getting positive comments from other people is really nice.
Some people like shiny trucks and all the bling and some don’t. Surely it’s up to the individual how clean thier truck is??
I like to see a nice clean truck but that is my preference.

Well said VAL

MR VAIN:
Well said VAL

It’s just annoying that people keep getting slagged off for having a clean motor.
I’m a tart where my truck is concerned, you know that Mr V.
It is my home all week. I prefer to live in a clean surrounding not a pigsty.
Many trucks are probably clean inside just not on the outside.
Like I said before, each to there own!!