Thanks from the Professional Drivers Foundation

Dear Rikki, Lucy and all at Trucknet:

On behalf of all of us at the Professional Drivers Foundation we would like to thank you for the very generous donation of over £1000 you raised at the charity auction you held at the Longford Arms on the 21st February.

To say we were surprised is putting it mildly. Not just at the amount raised, but at the simple good heartedness of so many drivers and forum users, especially in these difficult times for all of us. We also thank Renault, Volvo and Scania for the auction prizes, and Reed Business Information, the publishers of Truck and Driver, Commercial Motor and Motor Transport for hosting the auction.

It’s sad that the occasion of Andy’s death should be the first major fundraising event for the PDF held by Trucknet, but knowing Andy he would have been enormously pleased. He will be very sorely missed by us all.

From
The Trustees of The Professional Drivers Foundation

No thanks needed Pat. The cause is a good one that speaks for itself. :wink:

As a trustee of the PDA and Almoner of the PDF may i second Pats comments regarding the most generous donation to the PDF.
This will enable us to hopefully make a huge difference to the lives of any driver who who falls on hard times through no fault of their own.
What a fittng memory to Andy.
Once again THANK YOU
Eric

Hello Folks.
I have also been roped in as an Almoner for the PDF and as with any new idea it’s not that easy to get the thing off the ground. To say we were all thrown in the deep-end with Andy’s passing is putting it mildly as not only was it the loss of a good friend but also the PDF’s first test.

Your donation left us all gobsmacked but also showed that we are on the right track, there’s no argument now, we’ve got to make this work!!

Very many thanks, Ted

I’m guessing that the resounding silence from those concerned is because none of them want to admit being fleeced for stupid amounts of money for a Volvo washbag!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lucy:
I’m guessing that the resounding silence from those concerned is because none of them want to admit being fleeced for stupid amounts of money for a Volvo washbag!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

It is a very nice wash bag though and easily carries all my ‘products’ :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Lucy:

Well, if ever they want any authentic ERF grease to go on the outside of those soap bags to give them a proper ‘used’ look; just give me a call :smiley: :smiley:

Make sure you charge 'em £65, like we did for the washbags!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i would rather have bought one of those wash bags than the ****** **** ***** that i was well and truly mugged by Lucy into buying :blush: :blush: :blush:

never mind, it was for a good cause :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Also, the offending item was then given away to another charity to raise more funds for them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

P.S. Mods, the starts ore not to cover swear words, they are there to cover my embarrassment at buying such an item :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

hahahaha shuttle!

I can seriously say i didn’t hesitate to donate for such a worthy cause! always happy to help out

As I managed to stay away from “THE DO” and have seen these posts today. I just want to offer support, not money, to a very good cause. For the first time in about 4 years I have drifted over to the PDA to see what they were about.

I think the foundation is a great idea and wish you the best of luck.

PDF :bulb:

Well i can honestly say that if you wanna write all over my body to raise money again then thats fine with me, bring it on. Pat the pleasure was all ours. Maybe you’ll join us next time?

Sorry i’ve not been in touch Pat, i’ll adress that this week, i promise.

Thanks Rob, time is getting short as weeks equate to short weekends for us :unamused: and we’d like to launch it at Truckfest if we can.

But let’s do it via email please :smiley:

Pat

Very well done to all concerned :smiley:

As a trustee of both the PDA and PDF I’d just like to add my thanks to everyone involved in “The Do”.

Its a tremendous sum to be raised during difficult times for us all.

Perhaps next year, if Mr Vain would care to gain a little weight we can get the writing on his belly sponsored by the letter?

Something like Mercedes Benz, or ‘Van Doorne’s Aanhangwagenfabriek N.V.’, or D.A.F. for short. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m liking that idea…Best get scoffing, Rob!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: