THANK YOU

MAY I SAY A WHOPPING BIG THANK YOU TO RICKI, LUCY AND FELLOW MEMBERS FOR THE GENEROUS DONATION GIVEN TO THE DRIVER & FAMILIES HELP LINE. BE ASSURED THIS WILL BE USED WISELY TO HELP GET ITEMS THAT ARE ALLOWED FOR THE DRIVERS HELD IN VARIOUS PRISONS. IT WILL SOON BE TIME FOR THE WIVES / PARTNERS ETC TO THINK OF PUTTING THE XMAS PARCELS TOGETHER AND THIS IS OFTEN AN EXTRA BURDEN WHEN THE FAMILY IS LIVING ON STATE BENEFITS. THIS IS WHERE THE HELP LINE CAN OFTEN COME IN TO HELP WITH GETTING SOME OF THE ITEMS ALLOWED. OFTEN A CHILD WITH A BIRTHDAY OR XMAS GIFT WILL RECEIVE A SPECIAL PARCEL FROM ( THE HELP LINE ) DADDY. AT ODD TIMES I CAN HELP A WIFE OR FAMILY MEMBER MAKE A NECESSARY VISIT TO SEE THEIR LOVED ONE BY DONATING SOMETHING TOWARD THE TRAVEL COST. THIS IS JUST A SMALL AMOUNT OF THE WORK DONE. THERE IS ALWAYS SOME ONE CALLING ME FOR HELP AND ADVISE ETC AND I AM OFTEN TELEPHONED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT BY A WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND WHO CAN NO LONGER COPE ALONE.
MY TIME I GIVE FREELYAND HAPPILY BUT GETTING FUNDS IN IS ANOTHER MATTER, A LOT OF PEOPLE WHEN THE WORD DRUGS ARE MENTIONED WILL WALK AWAY MAKING DISPARRIGING REMARKS THESE REMARKS BELIEVE IT OR NOT COME MAINLY FROM DRIVERS. IF EVERY DRIVER DONATED THE PRICE OF A PINT OF BEER OR THE LIKE THEN MORE COULD BE DONE FOR THE DRIVERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
AGAIN A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND HOPEFULLY YOUR TIME READING THIS LETTER.
DANNEKE

This needs to be bumped up so more can read it. :wink:

I agree bump it up

My best wishes to all and hopefully a good and happy end to all those in jail for the wrong reasons

bumped for a while :wink:

a well deserved cause in my eyes and well done to those who attended truckfest.

this sounds like great big contribution of help to others in need…well done that man!
and quite rightly many people do tend to shy away from the word drugs and as a past fellow victim, the innocent have always got my sympathy…do not judge a book by the cover…a friend of mine got caught up in such a scam too…an owner driver was asked to pick up a trailer in calais- pre loaded- and take it to spain…it was sealed but felt a light load…he went to spain only to find it wasnt wanted…after a while he was told to take it to belgium…the rate was good and he agreed…however he was stopped in la Junquera where a search of the trailer was conducted…dogs were put in the trailer and they went crazy…however there were no drugs…only paper wrappings where the drugs had been…the load was scaffolding and shelving…he was arrested and spent 3 months in jail…he lost his truck…and a compensation claim is on going…so anyone can get caught innocently at a costly price…be warned!!
have a nice day