Hi

Thanks.

Cheers

You may not know. but the members of this forum raised over £1,700 earlier this year for that very group. so we are more than aware of them :slight_smile: and a couple of the trustees are members here and personal friends

Rikki-UK:
You may not know. but the members of this forum raised over £1,700 earlier this year for that very group. so we are more than aware of them :slight_smile: and a couple of the trustees are members here and personal friends

Isn’t this the charity from the Tamworth meet?

Thanks bigajc for posting the link but Ricki is right (as usual) :smiley:

TrucknetUk, and it’s members have always fully supported the PDF and raised so much money for the charity over the years.

I did think about posting the link on here to Steve’s Great North Run yesterday and felt a bit uncomfortable about asking for donations once again from the same people, and decided not to…it just felt wrong :confused:

We appreciate so much the support we already get from Trucknet members and management and fear not, we will be asking for that support again at some point in the future :wink: :smiley:

Steve is doing the " Run The Gauntlet", a course that goes through The Gap of Dunloe between the beautiful Lakes of Killarney in November for us too and the target is to get the sponsorship up to a total of £2000 for both races.
It’s a supreme effort for a long time desk based ex lorry driver who has never forgotten his roots, and still cares about lorry drivers welfare.

A lot of the donations received already have been from the customers Steve deals with and it’s good to see them appreciating and looking after the people who deliver their goods from warehouse to customer.

So far, almost all the funds the PDF has allocated has come from lorry drivers themselves and it’s a pleasant change to see the industry helping us out to look after those who actually keep the wheels turning.

If by any chance we end up a few quid short of that £2000 target in November, I might pop over here and revive this thread, but for now, let’s sit back and let those who have more money than us have a go :wink: :smiley:

(Hope they don’t read this!)

There will be times when I’m chasing Rikki again, no doubt about that :smiley:

Pat